Do you love data?
Join a dynamic team of data professionals working directly within the Lead Financial Office at Ameriprise, focused on our asset management business. In this position you will help support our monthly asset management reporting cycle as well as compensation data for our wholesalers by supporting several complex SQL databases.
This position will be responsible for loading and validating industry data, performing analysis and reporting, and resolving questions for our business partners. Makes process improvements and adjustments to existing reporting models. Assists in small to medium data projects. Helps to resolve problems or issues through methods of trouble shooting, as well as separate analysis. Provides management with recommended actions to resolve issues and/or create value for the business. Responsibilities
• Work directly in a SQL database, loading/updating data, validating procedures, and reviewing results.
• Build and review systematic data checks to ensure data integrity.
• Analyze data across multiple databases to ensure accuracy and alignment.
• Work with business partners to understand data attribution questions and recommend solutions.
• Create and maintain necessary process documentation.
• Perform reporting and analysis to validate data, and answer business requests.
• Develop solutions for routine and more complex problems for the business unit. Identify and recommend changes to policies, procedures and business model with guidance from leader. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience
• Experience writing SQL queries, and manipulating data in databases
• Experience using Excel to analyze and manipulate data
• Good analytical, quantitative & problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical analysis and modeling
• Ability to communicate effectively on recommendations and analysis results, and establish and maintain strong relationships across the organization Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with BI reporting applications (e.g. Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableaux)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)