Business Analyst, AVP Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Business-Analyst--AVP_R-627974/apply
State Street Global Exchanges Data-as-a-Service platform, DataGX(SM), lets you load, enrich and aggregate investment data. Clients will be able to manage multi-asset class data from any service provider or data vendor for a more holistic and integrated view of their holdings. This platform reflects State Streets years of experience servicing complex instruments for our global client base and our investments in building advanced data management technologies.
The latest innovation is an integrated Front-to-Back solution offering named Alpha SM
Reporting to the Implementation Lead in Boston, MA the Business Analyst is responsible for analysis leading to successful delivery of DataGX to clients.
- Provide analysis and input into designs of DataGX solutions to support a rapidly-growing business on a massive scale
- Participate in the Data work stream in the context of delivering a Front-to-back solution to clients.
- Work closely with complementary Alpha SM platform participants including but not limited to Charles River Development (CRD), GX-Front-to-Back (F2B), and Middle Office Services.
- Liaise with clients in order to establish and document implementation requirements, support testing and ensure successful client delivery if Alpha Solution
- Act as Subject Matter Expert regarding data domains in the Alpha/DataGX model and source systems
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other State Street organizations as part of a broad client delivery program
- Communicate status and escalate through the Implementation Lead and Project Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, or Accounting
- 7+ years of financial services or asset management experience is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a data architecture, data modeling role and/or equivalent data management experience in the financial services or asset management industry preferred.
- Previous experience implementing software
- Demonstrated ability to rationalize problems and use judgment and innovation to define clear and concise solutions
- Demonstrate strong collaborative experience
- Good understanding of SDLC practices
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL is considered a plus
- Experience with Cloud Managed Services like AWS is considered a plus
- Prior experience with State Street is considered a plus
Key Attributes include:
- Team player with professional and positive approach
- Flexible and can adapt easily to changing/evolving role requirements
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- Effective communicator both written and verbal
- Brings a high level of energy with enthusiasm to generate excitement and motivate the team
Posted 16 Days AgoFull timeR-627974
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .