Job Opportunity Audit Manager, Commercial Audit Manager, Commercial -1905484 Description
The primary function of the Manager, Audit is to lead the execution of the individual audit reviews and other audit activities included in the riskbased Internal Audit Plan, overseeing the work performed by the audit staff. The Manager ensures audits are performed in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Develops a broad and comprehensive understanding of the Commercial and Wholesale Banking business or areas, and Credit Risk Activities.
- Plans audit reviews and activities with the assistance, where applicable, of the Sr. Supervisor.
- Reviews industry standards and regulatory rules and expectations to ensure they are incorporated into audit procedures and properly covered by the audit team.
- Oversees audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, reviews and challenges critical testing and key work papers (planning memo, risk control matrix, etc.) prepared by audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities, including post-audit follow-up.
- Assigns staff to complete specific audit tests and procedures.
- Vets audit recommendations with the Director.
- Presents, discusses and agrees audit results recommendations with business management.
- Drafts the audit report/ conclusion document for the Director review.
- Performs detailed reviews of findings, recommendations and ratings, prior to submission to the Director.
- Ensures assigned audit reviews and activities are completed within the budgeted timeframe.
- Ensures high quality, risk-focused audit reviews and activities, in accordance with Internal policies, methodologies, and standards.
- Starts assisting Director in risk assessment activities.
- Demonstrates experience in managing and developing talent within the teams. Provides team members with on the job training.
- Participates in the completion of internal audit staff performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, terminations, and professional development.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the companys standards.
Job : Business Audit Primary Location : Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp Organization:Internal Audit (8880) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Oct 17, 2019, 3:00:26 PM
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- At least 7-9 years audit experience. Additional relevant experience will be considered on an exceptional basis.
- CIA or field-related certification (CPA, CRCM, CRMA, CFE, CAMS, CFSA, CBA, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new information technologies and systems in order to evaluate controls
- Ability to train team members adequately to advance skills and knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Great leadership skills, teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Progressive decision making skills, making educated and timely judgments
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Addresses customers requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of ones team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Proactively works to streamline processes and identify and eliminate redundancies
- Contributes to the implementation of new methods, policies, processes, procedures, or techniques Independently performs monitoring and testing of processes
- Sees through complexity and detail to get to the critical issues at hand
- Takes into account the wider context within which problems exist
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
- Understands specific financial and accounting standards to identify and assess the impact and likelihood of operational risks
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- FEEDING THE HUNGRY
Santander Interns work together to help serve the community.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Five Minutes with Adrian Garrido
Chief Audit Executive Adrian Garrido talks about the important role of his department at Santander…
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Audit, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Internal Audit & Credit Risk Review, Boston, Massachusetts, United States