Associate Quantitative Analyst
The Quantitative Research Team at Columbia Threadneedle Investments is looking to add an associate quantitative analyst to the team. The individual will contribute to research on stock selection signals, alpha models, and portfolio construction under the guidance of senior members of the team. The analyst will perform a wide range of data driven analyses, help enhance the team's research and analytics platforms, and share responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of all models. The position provides an opportunity to gain in-depth exposure to the field of quantitative finance, while making an impactful contribution to the success of the group. The person will also have opportunities to collaborate with fundamental research analysts and portfolio managers across the organization to exchange ideas, communicate insights, and broaden their area of expertise. Responsibilities
• Actively participate in research projects through idea generation, data preparation, rigorous analysis, reaching sensible conclusions and making actionable recommendations.
• Evaluate innovative techniques for delineating noise from tradable signals from large datasets.
• Research advanced model construction methods.
• Assist in enriching the team's research and production infrastructure and analytics capabilities.
• Analyze factor and model performance periodically and communicate insights. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative fields such as mathematics, physics, statistics, electrical engineering, computer science or operation research.
• Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong programming skills, including proficiency in a data analysis language (Python, R).
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets and systematic investing.
• Clear, concise, proactive communication skills.
• Proven intellectual curiosity.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude.