Associate Product Manager
1206 Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Associate Product Manager, NPS Prism Job Location US-MA-Boston | US-IL-Chicago | US-TX-Dallas | US-GA-Atlanta
Job ID 2020-4441
Posted Date 11/25/2020
Category Advanced Analytics
Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-MA-Boston
Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
This is an opportunity to support Bain’s expanding proprietary data ventures business, helping to build a new start-up at Bain to deliver the product, a market-leading customer experience benchmarking service. NPS Prism creates NPS and episode benchmarks by surveying very large numbers of customers in a given sector. Customers are asked to identify the companies with which they do business, declare their likelihood to recommend each provider, describe why, and answer a battery of additional questions designed to reveal experiences with specific episodes, as well as share of wallet, channel preference, and other important data. NPS Prism offers rock-solid NPS benchmarks all the way to the episode level, the ability to determine the extent to which any given episode contributes to a company’s competitive differentiation, the value of improvement, and the ability to link performance to operational episode metrics. It is delivered through an interactive platform that allows subscribers to do their own analysis.
The Associate Product Manager, NPS Prism will work closely with the NPS Prism Product Manager, General Manager, Bain Partners, and the Proprietary Data Ventures group to build and deliver a commercially successful product that spans core sectors across all regions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support Product Manager in product development and delivery of new and existing NPS Prism instruments to subscription customers
- Design and execute new benchmarking survey instruments, including assessing data needs and designing the primary research surveys and sample specifications
- Collaborate with our research vendor Qualtrics to program and test NPS Prism surveys and manage survey quotas
- Analyze the data and create client-ready visualization dashboards with support from Qualtrics and the NPS Prism BCC Center of Excellence (team based in India)
- Perform a variety of advanced statistical and data mining techniques such as, but not limited to: verbatim analysis using machine learning, multivariate and logistic regressions, time series analysis, etc.
- Participate in client meetings and be responsive to client questions around the data and insights
- Provide ongoing customer support for subscription customers, such as additional data cuts and responding to questions about the data/methodology.
- Support commercialization efforts, including conducting analysis for proposals and conducting product demos with prospective clients
- Help improve/refine the delivery model, including close collaboration with necessary vendors (e.g. Qualtrics partnership and other survey tool/panel/visualization vendors), database maintenance, and support teams (e.g. BCC Center of Excellence)
- Support broader product roadmap priorities, including:
- Provide input into the product vision and long-term / near-term priorities
- Work with target industries / geographies to develop the product approach in new markets for NPS Prism
- Collaborate with other Bain customer experience-related benchmarking efforts and help drive consistency in approach and delivery model
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical, database and market research techniques and provide input to improve NPS Prism
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with customer insights /primary market research and analytics at a consulting firm, market research agency or data provider
- Exceptional analytic and technical skills, including knowledge of market research tools, data science and business intelligence tools, and advanced analytical tools such as Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience explaining and performing a variety of statistical and data mining techniques
- Experience translating data into business insights using appropriate data engineering, analytics and visualization applications
- Experience developing audience-right high quality presentations
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven self-starter (comfortable with what could be a remote team) with demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline preferred.
- Current or recent Bain experience at the AC2/SAC level or AAG Specialist level
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
- Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, as well is customer service orientated
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive - someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
- Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development; well-connected, with an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships
- Inspirational Leadership - track record of managing high-performing, service-oriented team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
- A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom Bainies and clients go out of their way to work
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS