Associate Portfolio Manager, Long/Short Strategies
Associate Portfolio Manager - Long/Short Strategies
A cadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately US$98 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad. Position Overview:
We are seeking a Boston-based Associate Portfolio Manager to join our Long/Short (L/S) team. This position improves our ability to manage the existing long/short strategies and contributes to our effort in identifying potential new strategy opportunities. The Associate Portfolio Manager will contribute to hands-on research of drivers of performance and positioning of L/S strategies, as well as help coordinate the research effort across the L/S team and Acadian's broader research team. Additionally, this Associate Portfolio Manager will help coordinate efforts related to the further growth of the L/S strategies. We expect the Associate Portfolio Manager to be involved in external representation of Acadian's L/S strategies. This role will report to the Director of Acadian's L/S Strategies. Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid understanding of the drivers of portfolio performance and positioning across the entire range of L/S strategies
- Participate in ongoing research on our stock selection models and all aspects of portfolio construction in order to generate model/process improvement ideas
- Leverage the firm's research resources ( L / S, Global Equity Research, Portfolio Construction, etc . ) , to execute complex research projects while also b eing able to work independently
- Contribute to enhancing the L/S attribution framework
- Articulate research results to the L / S team, research and investment team s , and senior management
- E xplain our research , investment process , and results to prospects and clients . Support the marketing and client service effort s by providing answers to client and prospect questions
- Provide regular investment commen tary for the L/S suite of funds
- Work in close collaboration with other teams (Hedge Fund Operations, IT, Client Reporting, etc.) to continue to strengthen all operational aspects of the L/S business
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, computer science or a related field; graduate degree and/or CFA is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years of prior work experience, preferably in quantitative investing/research
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred) and experience working with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlik
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics and experience working with large data sets (3rd party and proprietary )
- World-class analytical skills and the ability to clearly articulate the approach, process and results in verbal, graphical and written form
- Willingness and ability to work in a collegial, results-oriented environment - must be a strong team player
- Interest in following financial markets and a strong quantitative orientation for investing
- Drive to deliver on high value projects and a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Travel will be required up to 20-30% of the time
To apply for this position or view Acadian's open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at http://www.acadian-asset.com/en/Careers/JobPostingsATS .
We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.