Associate Portfolio Manager - Large Cap Equity
The Columbia Threadneedle Large Cap Core and Large Cap Growth strategies manage over $13B in assets. Our portfolio management strategy emphasizes a disciplined approached to portfolio construction with a focus on stock selection and risk management. Collaboration with our centralized fundamental research team of analysts is one of our key differentiators.
As a member of the Large Cap team you will be an integral part of the portfolio management team, contributing to portfolio construction decisions and working closely with centralized research to contribute new stock ideas and investment opinions on existing stocks in the portfolio.
What we're looking for: You are an enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated by achieving and exceeding goals. You are passionate about equity markets and are excited by the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you interact with colleagues, clients, and management teams throughout the day. To be most successful in this role you will be organized, detail-oriented, comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility on a daily basis, and personable. Responsibilities
What you'll accomplish:
• Working with the Sr Portfolio Managers in implementing the portfolio strategy and process.
• Articulating and maintaining a robust and consistent investment process in managing the portfolios.
• Collaborating with the centralized research team to generate investment ideas consistent with the portfolio management process and articulating these ideas to the rest of the portfolio management team.
• Responsibility for portfolio monitoring and rebalancing, with the opportunity to increase accountability for investment performance, security selection, and client communications.
Why you'll like this role:
• Opportunity to deepen understanding of stock selection and portfolio risk management.
• Collaborative, team-based environment where you will be able to engage with top tier research and portfolio management colleagues throughout the day. As well as engage with clients and company management teams.
• Work arrangement flexibility allowing for remote work.
• Commitment to career progression.
• Competitive base salary plus attractive annual performance-based bonus.
• Access to robust healthcare coverage.
• Retirement savings plan with a company match. Required Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in investments.
• Ability to employ fundamental equity analysis in a portfolio context with strong analytical skills.
• Ability to synthesize information in a timely manner and reach a firm conclusion.
• Ability to work and contribute effectively both as a team player and individually.
• Proven skills in using or quickly learning to use new tools such as Microsoft Excel or other analytical systems.
• Excellent communication skills.