Associate Director, Product Management
Job Opportunity Associate Director, Product Management Associate Director, Product Management -1905024 Description
As a member of Santanders retail banking division youll help serve Santanders retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. The Associate Director, Product Management oversees the evaluation of market trends, product lifecycle, product positioning, and maintains accountability for product profit and growth goals. S/he identifies areas of opportunity and champions new features to the product line that will optimize sales opportunities, meet organization objectives and enhance the customer experience. The incumbent is responsible for the most complex and technologically driven products with the largest market demand deemed as very important to the organization. he Associate Director, Product Management operates at a highly independent level, consulting with and advising management on the marketing implications of various actions. Responsibilities
- Develops marketing plan and product line objectives; including strategy and tactics; ensuring consistency with organization and business line objectives and goals and meeting product profit and growth goals.
- Ensures products meet state and Federal regulatory requirements and coordinates legal re-view of all supporting collateral materials and documentation.
- Manages design, development, implementation and enhancement of new or existing products supporting organization and business line objectives.
- Manages the development and maintenance of competitive analysis and market research of competing products and services to identify customer needs and trends.
- Manages the development of collateral material, advertising, promotional programs, sales training programs, operational procedures and systems requirements to ensure that sales departments are provided with appropriate sales, merchandising and administrative tools.
- Manages the development of product pricing and profitability analysis and recommends pricing.
- Manages the on-going research to track, monitor and analyze product performance, profitability and contribution.
- May recommend hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews.
- Approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc.
- Implements and executes employee relations policies, training programs and various other human resources programs and policies.
- Oversees the evaluation of market trends, product development, product position and pricing philosophy.
- Recommends enhancements to product lines to stimulate sales and meet objectives.
- Oversees the strategic product management for an assigned product lines in support of the organization's goals and market needs.
- Responsible for meeting product profit and growth goals.
- Plans, develops and controls project/product budget.
- Reviews risk data related to product lines and ensures risks are effectively monitored and managed.
- Reviews strategic product and market perspectives; evaluating long term effects and anticipating changes.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline.,or equivalent work experience.
- 12-15 years; Experience defining & implementing enterprise APIs.
- 12-15 years; Related work experience.
- Comprehensive to expert knowledge of the assigned business line and technical marketing skills.
- Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated marketing and marketing research skills.
- Strong financial and competitive analysis and PC skills.
- Strong knowledge of product/program development, pricing, implementation and strategic analysis,Strong product management, design and development skills.
- Thorough knowledge of competitive market, operations and various products and services within assigned area.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Anticipates the impact of change and creates an environment where change can be initiated with minimal disruptions and negative impact.
- Helps people to understand how proposed changes will affect them and the organization.
- Applies detailed knowledge of the organization's products and services to own analysis and recommendations.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions.
- Understands and leverages team dynamics.
- Ensures required resources and skills are in place to maintain smooth day-to-day operations and tackle arising problems.
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services.
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks.
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary.
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated.
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported.
- Stays up-to-date with needs, preferences, trends and practices which impact customers.
- Acts as a role model by being a source of advice and knowledge regarding customer issues.
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply Job : Product Management Primary Location : Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 18, 2019, 3:44:41 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click “Add” to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementDevelopmentFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Product Development & Management, Boston, Massachusetts, United States