Associate Analyst, Global Asset Allocation
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The successful applicant will be a part of an investment team, focusing on portfolio analytics, monitoring and reporting requirements.
The successful applicant will work directly with the Sector Leader and Sector Managers, attending their investment meetings, becoming familiar with their products and portfolios, and understanding their investment processes. The purpose of the position is to support the growth of the team’s assets under management by providing analytical, quantitative, and technical support for the team.
This position will appeal to highly motivated individuals with an interest in international economics, finance and politics who want the opportunity to work directly with a team of successful investment professionals.
* Gather and analyze large datasets needed to support portfolio decisions and communicate findings to team members and other investment professionals.
* Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting materials for external clients and internal partners.
* Manage projects, proactively seeking solutions and following up on ideas to improve processes.
* Become proficient at gathering relevant data from BlackRock Solutions, Bloomberg, and other investment systems.
* Perform portfolio attribution, performance analysis, and position monitoring.
* Assemble data for institutional marketing requests.
* BA or BS degree, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, or mathematics.
* Knowledge of fixed income markets and investment concepts.
* Advanced Excel and Access skills.
* Proven attention to detail, with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
* Strong quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to pull together, organize and analyze large quantities of data and to check the output for accuracy and reasonableness.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external business partners.
* A high level of initiative with strong organizational skills.
* CFA candidate, progress towards an MA or MBA, experience using Bloomberg, knowledge of fixed income analytics.