One of Boston's top Quantitative Investment Firms has poured millions of dollars into transforming the technology that powers their quantitative trading systems; these transformations have fueled industry leading success over the past 5 years, and their assets under management have increased by more than $100+ billion in that time.
One of Boston's top Quantitative Investment Firms has poured millions of dollars into transforming the technology that powers their quantitative trading systems; these transformations have fueled industry leading success over the past 5 years, and their assets under management have increased by more than $100+ billion in that time. They are rapidly migrating to AWS and building next generation data systems that are highly automated, scalable, and secure. These systems will handle petabytes of complex market data, supporting multiple types of equities and securities.
The Lead Platform Engineer will work within their SRE team, responsible for providing state-of-the-art systems while contributing to the facilitation of their AWS journey. This position would yield you an excellent opportunity to drive innovation across multiple teams and provide mentorship to members of various tech teams, while evolving and automating cloud native infrastructure and critical business processes.
The Lead Platform Engineer will be responsible for:
- Manage and support Gitlab platform and provide enterprise strategies for application delivery and software development-based practices.
- Enable teams to successfully leverage code quality, security scanning, automated testing and other DevSecOps tools
- Analyze and research potential use-cases to integrate new AWS services and help this firm become 100% cloud-based as quickly as possible
- Create and manage API driven integrations between platforms including cloud-native applications and REST-based API
- Manage and enhance multi platforms/environment CI/CD ecosystem for enterprise solutions around development, testing, security, packaging, and workflow
The Lead Platform Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in DevOps/Software development
- Extensive experience using modern version control systems and DevOps tool chains, including Git, Gitlab/Github/Bitbucket), CI/CD (Gitlab CI/Jenkins/Bamboo), code analysis and coverage, release management tools, and server deployment and management (VRA, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience building and owning DevOps platforms (Gitlab, TFS/Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Experience with container/virtualization and scalable technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Programming ability in an object-oriented language (C#, C++, Python or Java)
- Hybrid working environment, 80% remote
- Lean teams, little bureaucracy and flat title hierarchies
- Globally diverse and sophisticated institutional client base
- Tripled in AUM since 2014 and are rapidly growing
- Guaranteed bonus, all employees paid out in full for past 10 years
If you're interested in the Senior Python Platform Engineer role, please do not hesitate to apply!