As an Application Manager, you will lead and support initiatives and ongoing development efforts for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) business group responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, counterparty risk globally.
Understanding the relationships between technology, data, operations and business areas along with knowledge in the financial markets and enterprise risk business domain will be required to build, improve, and implement robust, scalable solutions for State Street Global Advisors (SSGA).
Strong leadership and social skills that champions close collaboration with various partners throughout the business and technology teams, along with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a multi-platform environment will be required.
You can anticipate significant interaction with global SSGA and broader State Street Corporation (STT) teams and will need to communicate effectively with a broad group of people. You will need the ability to organize both qualitative and quantitative information in a meaningful way to develop and implement plans and mitigate project risks. You will strengthen technology risk management by maintaining overall project achievements and resourcing, including improvement in productivity via automation and centralization of golden source data, to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to the financial industry.
Due to the role requirements this job needs to be performed primarily in the office with some flex work opportunities available. As Application Manager, you will
What we value
- Act as an intermediary between the business users and development teams and communicate effectively objectives, initiatives, issues and resolutions
- Collaborate with business partners to prioritize, define, implement and deliver technology solutions
- Develop, maintain and track the project requests, including progress, prioritization, and issues management
- Lead a global development team to implement multiple complex software development projects on big data technology stack, on time and within budget
- Define resources requirements and allocation for projects; monitor and improve quality in delivery and ensure best practice development techniques are employed
- Have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizations
- Act as an advocate for change management, inspire innovation and creativity in technology solution
- Provide domain/ technology expertise to the team as needed
- Assist with business analysis, document epics, user stories and acceptance criteria and work in an Agile development framework, when needed
- Oversee the ongoing support for level three production issues
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Solid experience in the investment management industry
- The ability to establish trust. A leadership style that reflects your team and a strong vision for the future
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills along with an understanding organizational process and data governance
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- CFA / FRM is preferable
- 8-10 years of professional experience in a software application manager role or equivalent leadership and program management role
- Experience in working with big data technology stack, AWS Cloud - Redshift database platform is preferable
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Experience with risk data aggregation and risk reporting
- Any specific experience with data management standard methodologies, data quality controls, regional or regulatory reporting requirements is preferable
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.