☰ Analyst New B19020 - Investment Management 3 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts Summary Description:
The credit research analyst is responsible for covering one or more industries in the investment grade, high yield and leveraged loan markets. The analyst is responsible for building and maintaining financial models and for making recommendations on securities throughout the capital structure. The analyst will work closely with portfolio managers, traders, senior analysts, and investment associates on Putnams investment teams.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth fundamental credit analysis on 2-3 sectors which includes analyzing financial statements and building financial models. Identify key industry drivers and develop forward looking models. Analyze capital structures and review covenants
- Establish relative value recommendations within a companys capital structure as well as among peers
- Publish clear, concise written research outlining credit opinions and portfolio recommendations
- Provide timely recommendations on new issues, secondary market trades
- Attend management meetings in-house and at various industry conferences
Work experience, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelors degree and 3-7 years of experience at a buy-side or sell-side institution covering high yield and investment grade. Experience with distressed investing is a plus
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills as well as experience with Bloomberg
- Detailed knowledge of US credit markets and industry drivers with the ability to identify, forecast, and communicate key sector and company drivers. The analyst must possess a high level of curiosity and willingness to understand complex companies and financial instruments.
- Strong interpersonal skills with established (or willingness to develop) industry contacts; including management teams, sell-side research analysts, and ratings agencies.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to articulate and present complex information succinctly.
- Team player; strong written and oral communication skills and willingness to work with multiple teams across our Boston and London offices.
- MBA desirable and/or CFA designation a plus.
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0