Advisory CM - Vertical People Leader Locationselect Job Categoryselect
A career in our Human Resources team, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace. As part of our Policy, Strategy and Leadership team, you’ll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Human Resources team.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others’ learning and development.
- Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
- Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
- Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
- Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
- Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Liaising with the market/vertical/functional teams and key stakeholders to enable firm and/or business unit strategies;
- Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials;
- Developing and sustaining extensive client relationships using networking, negotiation, and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Maintaining working relationships with key business partners;
- Identifying effectiveness and efficiency opportunities to drive continuous improvement in the execution of people strategy;
- Leading teams to generate a vision to establish direction and motivate members;
- Leveraging diverse views through coaching staff to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Establishing goals and conduct analysis of actual results against targeted for key HC priorities;
- Executing Entry Level and Experienced recruiting lifecycles;
- Communicating sourcing strategy to talent acquisition teams and oversee execution of team efforts including Intern and Entry Level hire training;
- Liaising with sourcing teams to assess effectiveness of support services;
- Developing an onboarding strategy and related effectiveness metrics enabled through technology, systems and process protocols;
- Working with HR Leadership to create ways to connect new hires to the business within their first 6 months;
- Managing multiple workstreams within the team and performing project management tools and methodologies;
- Determining and managing team activity workflow and job priorities;
- Driving prioritized and consistent usage of programs/files/processes;
- Coaching and developing team member skills as necessary;
- Collaborating with a network of key client and stakeholders; manage and maintain relationships for collaboration;
- Performing project management tools and methodologies;
- Defining and managing outreach protocol as it relates to acquisitions with relevant stakeholders (if applicable);
- Driving next steps within an acquisition (if applicable) including defining success factors, people needs, specific skills and communications to drive success;
- Coordinating systems support solutions with IT and key stakeholders to drive development and implementation of appropriate solutions in support of Firm and/or Human Capital priorities;
- Utilizing an array of digital skills to drive higher value, lower cost, and a tech-enabled learning experience;
- Using design thinking such as including persona development, affinity mapping, journey mapping, and prototyping;
- Using agile project management techniques such as sprint planning, backlog management and sprint review;
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging human capital technology trends and experience innovating with new HC technology tools;
- Analyzing data and communicating data insights to drive decision making by leveraging market leading tools such as Alteryx and Tableau; and,
- Leveraging the Google suite of tools to drive efficiency, productivity, and collaboration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Category: Human Resources
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
Location(s): MA-Boston, RI-Providence, NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, AR-Bentonville, IL-Rosemont, CA-Sacramento, MO-Saint Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, SC-Spartanburg, CA-El Segundo, NY-Albany, AR-Springdale, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, VA-Arlington, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, FL-Fort Lauderdale, FL-Fort Myers, TX-Fort Worth, NC-Greensboro, FL-Hallandale Beach, PA-Harrisburg, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, NE-Omaha, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, GA-Lithia Springs, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, MA-Cambridge, VA-McLean, NY-Melville, FL-Miami, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, IL-Peoria, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, OR-Portland
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Job ID: 105648WD