Administrative Assistant II
Join a bank like no other: SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Our Private Equity Services (PES) team is seeking an experienced administrative professional to support the Regional Managing Director and team in Boston, MA.
As a member of our team, you will partner closely with PES colleagues, performing a wide range of administrative functions - including management and coordination of meetings, travel arrangements, engagement planning and team projects to ensure accuracy and follow through.
To excel in this position:
You are cool under pressure, professional and confident while handling multiple projects because you see the big picture, have an eye for detail.
Communication is meaningful to you -in email, when speaking, and in developing and maintaining proven relationships. You're also comfortable giving and receiving direct and actionable feedback because you're committed to self-improvement.
Integrity is a core value, so you maintain the utmost discretion and confidentiality. You take your job seriously and have a positive attitude.
You welcome new challenges and thrive in a fast-paced environment because you possess a strong sense of urgency, and have problem solving skills, excellent judgment, and superior organizational skills. Whether working independently or on team projects, you have a collaborative style, you're ready to pitch in, and know when to seek out help or additional support.
- Utilizes discernment to make administrative decisions.
- May recommend concepts for improvements of efficiencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a requirement
- Ability prioritize tasks - including long-term assignments and urgent tasks
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Use professional work skills, discretion and good judgment at all times
- Ability to work with well-established team and be a standout colleague
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail a requirement
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion
- Work on diverse administrative assignments with multiple priorities, including event planning management
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience in the financial services; bank; or other related business
3 or more years of related experience as an administrative professional
Expert in Microsoft Office suite including moderate to advanced PowerPoint skills and moderate Excel skills