Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and financial intermediaries in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Global Trading department has a position opening for a Global Trading Assistant. This position will work within the Global Trading Admin team, primarily supporting the business teams. The Global Trading Assistant's role will be dually focused on providing core admin support and serving as a resource for project work, such as presentations, maintenance of dashboards, distribution of information and some light analytics. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented professional with a positive attitude and a passion for learning, who enjoys multi-tasking in a busy team environment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Collection, organization and maintenance of materials related to business management activities (i.e. client, talent, supervision)
- Production of various departmental materials and presentations
- Proactive calendar management for multiple, complex calendars
- Extensive logistical coordination of internal and external meetings with various constituencies
- Coordination of international and domestic travel itineraries and arrangements
- Handling daily mail, file systems, expense reporting, etc.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Undergraduate degree required; minimum 2-years total work experience (including internships, summer jobs, etc.)
- Investment management, trading and/or professional services background will be viewed favorably
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with project management and reporting tools such as SharePoint, OneNote, Tableau and Visio are a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, plus high level of professionalism and discretion
- Outstanding service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude; flexibility and sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Ability to work under deadlines and to accommodate last-minute changes
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and invest in self-improvement
Administrative Assistant LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .