- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Investment Strategies group has a position opening for an Administrative Assistant. This position will support a Director of Investment Strategies and a team of Multi-Asset Analysts and Specialists. The Administrative Assistant's role is to leverage the investors' time through logistical coordination of the team's activities and needs. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented administrative professional with a positive attitude, who enjoys multi-tasking in a busy team environment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive calendar management for multiple, complex executives' calendars
- Coordination of international travel itineraries and arrangements
- Extensive logistical coordination of internal and external meetings with various constituencies
- Diligent telephone coverage with gate-keeping expectations
- Producing various departmental materials and presentations via internal publication systems and PowerPoint
- Gathering data and producing management reports (eg. AUM reporting)
- Assisting with white papers
- Obtaining information using various applications and market data services
- Handling daily mail, file systems, expense reporting, etc.
- Providing back-up for other department support positions as needed
- Extensive program support for various initiatives and projects, for example:
- Department meetings and firm-wide committee coordination
- Recurring investment meeting coordination & support
- Performance evaluation process support
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials required; minimum 3-years total work experience (including internships, summer jobs, etc.).
- Investment management and/or professional services background will be viewed favorably
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, plus high level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Strong detail-orientation and work quality
- High level of reliability, professionalism and discretion
- Ability to work under deadlines and to accommodate last-minute changes
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office with particular strength in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Adaptable to new technologies
- Outstanding service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude ; flexibility and sense of humor
- Exposure to international contexts whether through work experience, study or living abroad, and / or personal travel
- Typical work schedule is 8:00am - 5:00pm though flexibility and overtime may be necessitated by business circumstances
Administrative Services, Admin Support
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .