AIS - Private Equity Fund Accounting & Administration, Assistant Vice President Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/AIS---Private-Equity-Fund-Accounting---Administration--Assistant-Vice-President_R-634255/apply
We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering financial reporting and day-to-day accounting and administrative support to premier fund clients. Join this growing, high profile team focused on building solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
State Streets Alternative Investment Solutions group provides a complete suite of services to more than 750 clients, including institutional investors, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and real estate fund managers. We offer deep, product-specific expertise in alternative investments and flexible, innovative alternative investment solutions, including fund accounting, fund administration, corporate administration, risk and credit services.
What Part Will You Play?
We are looking for outstanding individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position. This senior managerial position has responsibility for managing client relationships and directing the administration offering for a portfolio of blue chip, alternative investment clients. Responsibilities include:
- Monitors, analyzes, & communicates financial metrics for assigned client base internally and with clients as appropriate. Provides root cause analysis and develops solutions and recommendations.
- Establishes sound partnerships with clients to determine current and future needs for growth.
- Supports client strategic plan and executes plan elements as prescribed.
- Partners with service delivery teams and local client service officers to develop synergies, leverage experience and expertise, and improve overall customer results
- Provides guidance and consultative input to business line efforts in strengthening client relationships and bridging client organizations.
- Coordinates cross divisional/site efforts as needed.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Collaborates with global sales teams as necessary to generate incremental revenue.
- Supports client pricing and bundling to mitigate losses or low margins for business units. Facilitates cross-divisional resolution of business line conflicts; elevates issues to next level of executive management as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities for product development and evaluates new product proposals created by the line or product development teams.
- Maintains client strategy, profitability and State Street profit margins for assigned clients; tailors appropriate product mix to cross sell to clients.
- Utilizes standard tools, templates, reporting as required
- Provides consistent messaging to clients.
- Special projects as needed
- Candidates must have an a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of alternative investment servicing experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of client lifecycle engagement from contracting, onboarding and BAU
- Exceptional communication skills; both internally & with clients
- Specific experience in the private equity industry is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus
- CPA is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Investran or other partnership accounting applications is a plus.
- Experience with portfolio accounting systems is a plus.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-634255
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .