2021 Professional Development Program
*This posting is for students graduating in fall/winter of 2020 or spring/summer of 2021* Professional Development Program
State Street Corporation's Professional Development Program (PDP) is a leadership rotational program designed to develop entry level employees within State Street. The program has several focus areas, sponsored by key business lines and functional teams around the globe. Each focus area and rotation is designed to provide key learning and growth opportunities within participating business lines or functional teams, along with a deeper understanding of State Street's global business.
The program extends over 24 months and incorporates specific training, professional development, and rotational assignments across a variety of functions. Rotations are designed to provide hands-on experience in different roles and business activities to help program participants develop a comprehensive understanding of each business area and the overall industry. Participants are placed in our most meaningful and critical roles across the bank.
Successful program participants will be placed into permanent roles within State Street upon program completion where the collective knowledge, skills and experience gained through the program can be applied. Program Highlights:
Are you a good fit for the PDP?
- An intensive firm-wide orientation and training at our corporate headquarters in Boston, which includes development of State Street business and financial acumen, soft-skills trainings and case studies
- Multiple cross-functional and cross-business rotational job assignments designed to accelerate the development of critical industry knowledge, skills, and experience
- Access to training courses on financial markets and essential business skills
State Street considers all majors/programs when hiring for the PDP.
- Graduating in the fall/winter of 2020 or spring/summer of 2021
- Strong interest in financial services; ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with or interest in data and analytics preferred
- Change management and innovative mindset, demonstrated problem solving ability
- Enthusiasm for learning and commitment to career development
- Versatility, adaptability and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently while also adopting a collaborative approach to achieving results