VP Regional Manager
Directly oversees a region of 8-9 retail bank branches. Responsible for leading, motivating and coaching branch management staff in all aspects of sales, service, operations and team member development. Additionally, manages a Small Business Development Officer assigned to the Regional Manager’s respective region. Primary accountability is the achievement of quarterly regional sales goals through disciplined sales management of customer acquisition (retail and small business), consumer and small business lending, deposit growth and product and business line cross-sell. Responsible for managing branch managers and SBDOs in the execution of business development activities which include calling on small business customers and prospects.
Key Result Areas:
- Visits each branch a minimum of once every other week. To conduct on-the-spot and in-depth coaching sessions following the RISE framework and to manage any operational or employee issues
- Conducts a minimum of 1 branch manager meeting or conference call monthly to communicate strategic priorities, operational updates, clarify expectations, encourage exchange of best practices and motivate staff.
- Actively participates in branch manager and small business development officer skill enhancement by conducting joint calls to business owners and centers of influence within the community.
- Leads the region’s overall customer outreach strategy by managing the Lead Activity System (LAS) activities for the region.
- Represent the bank through the participation in community relations events occurring within the region.
- Ensures that customer service delivery standards are being executed across the region and quickly supports the resolution of service breaks and escalations as they occur.
- Manages the overall operations of the region by partnering with an assigned Regional Operations Officer. Ensures that all branch activities occur within acceptable compliance and risk guidelines.
- Supports the retail team in creating strategic partnerships within Consumer Banking and with the Commercial and Wealth business lines.
- Understands Retail’s incentive plan and actively coaches employees on maximizing variable compensation opportunities.
- As assigned by the Head of Consumer Banking, leads specific cross-region retail projects and initiatives that impact all 17 branches. Responsibilities include:
- Project/initiative scope definition
- Project and deliverable management
- Communication and rollout
- Ongoing management and support
- Project/initiative examples include, but are not limited to:
- Small Business Lending enhancements
- Retail Investment Program rollout
- Branch Distribution / Branch of the Future
- Sales and Service Process enhancements
- Presents to senior management, including the President and CEO, business unit results and progress against strategic initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience with a financial institution including management/supervisory experience.
- 5 years sales management experience that included the management of a large team.
- Strong business development, sales and service skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with flexible management style.
- Ability to make prompt and sound business decisions.
- Productive while working independently.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial control.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies and procedures.
- Skilled in presenting and using Microsoft PowerPoint.
The above description covers the most significant major responsibilities but does not exclude other occasional responsibilities and accountabilities the inclusion of which would be in conformity with major purpose of this job.
Arlington Center - Arlington, Massachusetts
About Cambridge Savings Bank:
Cambridge Savings Bank is a full-service financial institution with approximately $3.4 billion in assets that is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves. One of the oldest and largest community banks in Massachusetts, Cambridge Savings Bank offers a full line of individual and business banking services and has branches located in Cambridge, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Concord, Lexington, Newton, and Watertown.
Cambridge Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.