Asset Manager - Commercial Real Estate-ISG - Leawood, KS
Job Description : Job Description
Focuses on the performance and operations of the underlying collateral for Commercial Real Estate loans as well as default loan management. Works closely with other teammates to monitor collateral performance by utilizing industry metrics and providing clients customized reports, monitors loan compliance relating to the underlying collateral and provides certain deliverables to assist clients in managing risk. Managers focus on management, development and performance of teammates whose responsibilities cover numerous aspects of monitoring the Commercial Real Estate loans which are part of the Investor Services Group a division of our Company.
Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
- Monitor assigned portfolio to ensure compliance with loan servicing agreements and borrower compliance with loan documents
- Administer borrower requests including, but not limited to, assumption, defeasance, partial release, collateral exchange, modification, waiver, etc. in accordance with ISG established policies and procedures, and applicable loan documents and servicing agreements
- Generate income through transaction fees and the timely collection of late charges and default interest (where appropriate)
- Review collateral property inspections performed by 3rd party vendors in accordance with ISG established policies and procedures, industry standards and servicing agreements, including follow up with borrower to remedy identified deferred maintenance.
- Conduct collateral property inspections on assigned loans in accordance with Asset Management department annual guidelines
- Collect, review and analyze (as required) property operational reports and borrower/guarantor financial statements in accordance with ISG established policies and procedures industry guidelines and servicing agreements (including consumer credit reports for recourse borrowers)
- Monitor loans in assigned portfolios that meet established client or industry Watch List criteria.
- Participate in monthly ISG Watch List reviews.
- Monitor and administer loan covenants as identified in assigned portfolio loan documents, including, but not limited to, DSCR reviews, reserve account adjustments, call provisions, release provisions, earn outs, etc.
- Review reserve draw requests, payoff quotes, insurance loss administration and escrow analysis prepared by Loan Administrator assigned to portfolio to ensure compliance with established ISG policies and procedures applicable loan documents and servicing agreements
- Assist Loan Administrators as needed in executing borrower contact during a Significant Market Event
- Administer servicing client requests as necessary including, but not limited to, collateral reviews, credit administration, borrower interaction, market analysis, portfolio analytics, etc.
- Maintain comments and data in loan file as appropriate
- Achieve at a minimum ISG department annual goals for industry training
- Some travel is required
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or academic achievement in Real Estate, Law, Finance, Management, Journalism or Communication/Rhetoric or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years Industry Experience
- Strong analytical skills (property operations, borrower financials and market performance)
- Strong PC skills, including a demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly convey loan status and develop loan workout/resolution plan (nonperforming loans).
- Commercial or multifamily property leasing, sales, management and/or ownership experience
- Consumer debt collection or counseling experience
- Prior Investment property ownership or management experience
- Prior experience with Enterprise LMS servicing platform
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf