Who we are looking for
Financial and Regulatory Reporting, NPORT Operations AVP, located in either Boston, MA or Kansas City, MO will manage monthly N-PORT and annual N-CEN regulatory filings for various clients. You will engage with clients and internal State Street teams to resolve issues and answer inquiries to progress each reporting cycle to completion. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Financial and Regulatory Reporting, NPORT Operations AVP you will
What we value
- Manage the regulatory reporting production process, calendar and relationship for various clients and ensure that all production schedules (including those with the off-shore teams) are completed in a timely manner so that all team members are informed of their responsibilities during the process.
- Perform 1st, 2nd, risk-based and targeted reviews on client regulatory filings, N-PORT and N-CEN, ensure all regulatory filings are made on time and client drafts are delivered timely.
- Be responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact reporting.
- Manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives and technology enhancements.
- Manage relationships with clients, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- Be responsible for the direction and training of subordinate team leaders and staff.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, planning out work and resource allocation. Provide feedback and development.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff in numerous locations, as well as remotely and in a hybrid working environment.
- Ability to effectively handle and resolve numerous ongoing communications and reporting deliverables in fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive change and process improvements, while managing day-to-day activities in a reporting cycle.
About State Street What we do.
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in mutual funds fund administration function (financial reporting preferred) or accounting, audit or related business activity.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader on their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers in the department
- Alteryx Gallery and/or SQL experience a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers