Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
This position completes tasks which allow the advisor to focus more time and energy on client acquisition and deepening client relationships. The planning assistant supports the many different tasks for which the practice is responsible and ties directly to the overall business plan of the practice. This position allows the advisor the assurance he/she needs to know that his/her practice is being maintained and supported within Ameriprise Financial guidelines.
This role provides client relationship and general practice management support through gathering client data, helping prepare other client deliverables and touch points such as greeting cards, organizing client files, setting up new business and performing other business management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing the logistics of a client seminar. Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
80%Administrative / Business Management
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues
- Coordinate marketing events for the practice
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas and forms for appointments
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Manage the flow of wholesalers in the office. Submit/track any invoices for agreed upon payments
- Assist the paraplanner(s), associate financial advisor(s) and advisor(s)
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
- Greet clients upon arrival
- Set up and maintain client management system
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and administer client appreciation tasks
- Document client contact/calls
Key Traits of a Successful Planning Assistant
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
About Our Company
- High school degree or higher
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.