Financial Planning Analyst
Step into an instrumental role to support a growing team of three CFP® financial advisors at Ascent Financial Partners. We currently have five dedicated staff providing support to our clients and team. We look to add another staff member to further enhance our service and advice to our clients. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial.
The para-planner will primarily assist the three financial advisors in the financial planning workflow. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar. Responsibilities Responsibilities and Time Allocation
- Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor. Position Functions: 70% Financial Planning & Advice / Product Solutions
30% Client Care / Business Management
- • Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and initial product solutions for advisor review and use in client meetings with use of financial planning software (NaviPlan)
- • Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients
- • Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client's risk tolerance and time frame as well as develop appropriate product deliverables
- • Pre-meeting and post-meeting support to financial advisors
Required Qualifications Key Traits of a Successful Financial Planning Para-planner
- • Maintain client contact during the financial planning process. Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- • Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings. Attend and participate in client meetings if necessary.
- • Manage and resolve client service problems
- • Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and financial planning software (NaviPlan); and capability to learn client management data base and other proprietary applications.
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and FINRA
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor's practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow