Relationship Consulting Manager
Relationship Checking - Independence Consulting Manager Grant Thornton 11/26/2019 9:05:35 AM JOB ID: 045589 Specialty: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
To enhance our international capabilities and to continue to serve our clients that have international operations, Grant Thornton LLP (GT) is seeking a manager in the Independence Group to liaise with its partners and professionals throughout the Grant Thornton International (GTI) member firm network. The manager plays a key role in GT’s adoption and development of global independence quality control requirements adopted by GTI, including independence related policies established by GT.
Collectively, the US Independence Group is responsible for monitoring the activities of the various independence standard setters and regulatory bodies, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Securities Exchange Commission, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, International Federation of Accountants, Government Accountability Office, and Department of Labor.
The Relationship Checking - Independence Consulting Manager applies a broad knowledge of professional standards to assist in developing GT independence policies and quality control processes. The manager should be comfortable working in a team environment, including independence compliance functions, but also able to work independently. The manager must manage competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
The Independence Group is responsible for publication of these independence policies and processes throughout the firm as well as development of training courses to enhance our professionals understanding of applicable new requirements. Each engagement team member must be able to understand how to apply the more restrictive of the independence rules to a particular fact situation to enable firm partners and professionals to make appropriate business decisions. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate to the firm’s broad practitioners in diverse disciplines, such as assurance, tax, advisory services, litigation support services, federal government contracting, risk and recovery, and other practices.
Further, the Independence Group is also responsible for liaising with quality control representatives from client serving lines and with independence or risk management representatives from other GTI member firms to discuss the ramifications of professional services and other matters on our firm’s independence and ethical responsibilities. The manager will also be involved in assisting our firm partners and professionals perform relationship checks (independence or nonaudit) by using the new Relationship Checking System (RS) and assist with processing independence confirmation requests throughout the GTI network.
· Assist with monitoring the activities of independence standards setting and regulatory bodies (e.g., personal compliance, etc.).
· Consult with partners and professionals on the application of independence standards to a particular fact situation (e.g., scope of services).
· Perform various Relationship Checking activities (e.g., processing relationship checks, assisting teams with evaluating relationships reported, etc.) by using RCS.
· Assist in monitoring independence for larger private equity firms for which the firm is maintaining SEC independence.
· Assist in developing firm independence policies and quality control requirements.
· Develop and present technical content for professional training programs.
· Maintain and develop independence related resources or publications.
· Liaise with representatives of Grant Thornton International and the member firms on independence conflicts and confirmations.
· Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
· Perform other job-related duties or assist with special projects, as necessary.
· Five or more years of experience related to the accounting profession, with experience in a national office or independence office a strong plus.
· Excellent analytical, technical, and professional skills including understanding of international accounting and consulting firms’ businesses.
· Strong ability to acquire, synthesize, and present technical information.
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Strong Microsoft Word skills required and experience with other Microsoft Office products (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
· Strong project planning skills.
· Experience managing projects, with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
· Ability to work on highly technical material, with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work additional hours as needed and limited travel.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 595 partners and 8,500+ employees in the US and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 045589
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright Grant Thornton. All rights reserved.