The Data Analyst is responsible for the design, development, and analysis of complex reports, queries, and data extracts from multiple data sources to enable leadership to efficiently and effectively measure process performance.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources, clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information, and work with data source owners to clean up data sources and suggest/manage data store. Triage code problems and data related issues and trouble shoot and correct data load exceptions or inaccuracies as required.
- As needed, conduct searches for relevant data, complete analysis, and with the Director of Operations Analysis, communicate findings to Leadership.
- Analyze and interpret results, pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets utilizing statistical toolsets (Minitab or similar software).
- Explore and simplify data formats in Business Objects, Resonant, and other systems. Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information.
- Responsible for developing a process for prioritizing data need requests, and to support and communicate plans and status to customers and senior leadership.
- Support the leaders as productivity, process efficiency and effectiveness standards are developed and measure volumes/results to those standards.
- Review and refine the data governance strategy for Contact Center Operations, including but not limited to data flow documentation, data dictionaries, governance methodology, and identifying "one source of truth" for all data sources.
- Partner with Information Technology team to define a data management strategy for Contact Center Operations.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two teachers who saw the need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN).
As a leading insurance and financial services company focused on meeting the evolving need of public K-12 teachers, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now. For more information, visit the Horace Mann website at
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or Business related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analysis, Finance, Operations or Process Management preferred
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing, data mining and data mapping.
- Proficient with relational databases and working with large/complex data sets
Must be eligible to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship. Direct Hire Only