Alliant Financial Strategies Group, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services LLC, is seeking an Investment Specialist to join our team. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee and assist in daily business operations. Step into an instrumental role and help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced, and friendly, financial planning office.
This position will be responsible for financial analysis for the Practice including but not limited to market research, equity analysis, investment reporting, and trading activities. Partner with Advisors and other team members to develop, maintain, and continuously improve the investment and trading strategy while staying current with market trends and participating on the Investment Committee. Responsibilities
Responsibilities and time allocation will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor. Position Functions:
75%Analysis & Trading
- Review and understand portfolio construction, performance, allocation, and investment strategies.
- Management of discretionary trading activities.
- Initiate money movements by accepting client requests and determining trades needed.
- Prepare rebalance of portfolios and trades with a high level of accuracy while managing and mitigating risk tolerances.
- Maintain daily workflow documentation and evidence for regulatory and compliance purposes and ensure files are easily found and understood.
- Reconciliation of securities out of balance and processing of correcting entries as needed.
- Produce reports related to trade position and activity.
Key Traits for Success:
- Work with clients on investment strategies and perform specialized research as needed.
- Develop investment solutions.
- Conduct capital gains research and develop tax efficient trading strategies.
- Build relationships with fund company partners and establish subject matter expertise in products offered.
- Maintain an understanding of market conditions and movement.
Required Qualifications Education and Other Designations:
- Prior trading experience
- Attention to detail and the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple time sensitive tasks
- Professionalism, personal accountability, and desire to work in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting (preferred)
- Current Series 7 and 66 License required
- Life & Health insurance licenses required (or able to obtain within 60 days of hire)
- 2+ years of similar experience preferred