Location: Can work out of Rockford or a Chicagoland Savant Capital Management office.
As a member of the Accounting Team, the Accountant is responsible for and assisting with a variety of corporate accounting functions, including researching and analyzing accounting data, general ledger entry, bank reconciliations, fixed assets and prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, coordinating payroll processing, corporate tax reporting, financial and other management reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant can expect to focus in the following areas:
• Record, classify and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Initiate and process journal entries into various accounts.
• Reconcile bank and balance sheet accounts.
• Reconcile, identify and resolve general ledger differences in relationship to various sub-ledgers.
• Explain accounting transactions; identify and resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
• Classify and record prepaid expenses and fixed assets. Record depreciation and disposal entries.
• Process company credit card expense reports.
• Record accounts receivable/revenue entries; monitor past-due accounts and initiate follow-up.
• Compile financial information and assist in the preparation of management reports.
• Audit and review payroll for discrepancies. Cross-train on biweekly payroll and benefit deductions processing.
• Assist with processing accounts payable, accounts receivable and expense reimbursements.
• Assist with review and annual preparation of 1099's.
• Assist in preparing external audit materials and corporate tax return workpapers.
• Prepare and maintain task workflow and procedure manual.
• Maintain team approach by assisting and filling in for others. Primary backup for accounts payable and biweekly payroll and benefit deductions processing.
• Seek to improve processes and develop best practices to ensure quality results and overall efficiency.
• Ensure appropriate follow through on all assignments and inquiries as well as successfully meeting deadlines.
• Perform other duties as requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.
The Accountant position typically requires the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 2-5 years experience in an Accountant role.
• High degree of analytical and auditing skills.
• Self-starter, solid strategic thinker and problem solver.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Proven success with networking and building effective internal and external relationships.
• Team player, collaborative, able to work with all levels of the firm.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook skills.
• Ability to use various accounting software applications: Microsoft Dynamics GP and Quickbooks preferred.
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerSavant Capital Management https://savantcapital.hirecentric.com