Lead Technology Project & Program Manager Lead Technology Project & Program Manager USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Lead-Technology-Project---Program-Manager_R0011409/apply
Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, medium to moderately complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met. Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates. Projects involve multiple disciplines in the IT function; individuals who manage projects exclusively in one aspect of IT, such as ERP implementation or applications development, should be matched to the specific position for that specialty.
The Digital Experience Group (dxg) BRM Organization needs skilled Portfolio / program manager that builds relationships to be able to drive various operational and strategic initiatives for the dxg Units - Work with BRM, GBS vertical delivery teams and dxg-SME’s to ensure assessment of the specific dxg GBS needs, track project plans in line with the defined Technology plans (TPP)
The Digital Experience Group (dxg) BRM Organization needs skilled Portfolio / program manager that builds relationships to be able to drive various operational and strategic initiatives for the dxg Units - Work with BRM, GBS vertical delivery teams and dxg-SME’s to ensure assessment of the specific dxg GBS needs, track project plans in line with the defined Technology plans (TPP) and application roadmaps (APM)-roadmap’s etc.
The Lead Technical Project & Program Manager (BRM PM) who is managing the business relationship with dxg will be responsible for managing the project portfolio and the relationship with the Wolters Kluwer dxg Unit to drive results for WK, dxg and GBS. The BRM PM will seek to understand the client organization’s current and emerging needs, as well as key initiatives and future plans. The BRM PM will drive the execution of the project portfolio through the dxg organization across technology, strategic sourcing, and finance & accounting, as well as other operating areas where GBS could drive efficiencies or provide expertise/leverage overall scale. In this role, he or she will engage the organization at all levels to drive the project portfolio but also help identifying pain points and opportunities to lower costs and/or improve the quality of services GBS delivers.
The BRM PM will be tasked with driving the execution of the project portfolio and helping prioritize GBS’ agenda for the dxg unit. He or she will drive delivery of the solutions and help with the organizational transformation and operational excellence initiatives. The BRM PM will develop a deep understanding of GBS’ capabilities, key initiatives and expertise and will partner with/involve GBS’ technology, finance & accounting, strategic sourcing and business operations to support or deliver solutions to the client organization.
The ideal candidate will be curious, self-starting and motivated with excellent interpersonal, change management, project management, and communication skills. Given the role of GBS, the ideal candidate should combine supreme project management skills with experience/knowledge in operations, performance improvement and technology. The successful BRM PM will provide transparent and accurate portfolio insights to the client organization, feel comfortable working with a high degree of independence, and be adept at engaging the key constituents across GBS and the client organization to deliver results. He or she will be a seasoned professional who will be trusted by both the client organization and GBS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The dxg BRM PM’s essential duties/responsibilities include:
- Provide information on global initiatives, and impact and/or effort required by the division to execute these initiatives.
- Support the businesses by providing information regarding WK standard solutions for functional and technical areas.
- Aligning local and global initiatives.
- Execute agreed upon implementation roadmaps with prioritized initiatives.
- Work as liaison between the different functional towers of GBS and the business/local teams – become ambassador for GBS.
- Report the progress, issues, goals, and other aspects to the BRM, project sponsor, stakeholders and central GBS PMO organization.
- Track and ensure quality assurance performance of project teams, to evaluate compliance with relevant critical success factors (scope, schedule, resources & financials).
- Implement & manage the necessary reporting structure, governance & communication compliance, as per central GBS PMO guidelines.
- Continuous communication regarding methodology and the adherence to it.
- Assist the PMs to control project scope, to ensure the desired benefits are delivered.
- Promote the role as the initial BRM escalation point – further escalation then to the dxg BRM. Promote yourself as the go to “problem solver”.
- Create & implement along with dxg BRM, an engagement model to improve the co-operation within dxg and enhance the transparency & visibility by setting up regular meeting cadence and introducing reporting template resulting in monthly divisional & in-country dashboards.
- Establishes and fosters strong partnerships with GBS, the business unit and corporate department senior leaders and BRM team members.
- Develops a full understanding of enterprise and business goals and strategies.
- Leverages those relationships, combined with business and technical expertise, to influence and deploy initiatives that maximize profitability, and efficiency, and deliver a positive client and associate experience.
- In partnership with GBS leadership colleagues, is accountable for successful delivery and implementation of GBS solutions. May direct the work of others, either directly or indirectly (matrixed) in order to drive customer success and best in class, market-leading solutions. Must be very comfortable exerting influence and authority in both matrixed and solid line reporting relationships.
- Interfaces independently and effectively with diverse audiences while remaining sensitive to experiential and cultural nuances.
- Collects and consolidates data that is relevant to the business and/or situation and presents it in a manner that is suitable for that audience.
- Prepares for and facilitates comprehensive periodic reviews with executive partners.
- Comprehends highly technical situations and can communicate them effectively to the business and clients with executive presence.
- Acts as an advocate for both GBS and the Division(s) and proactively seeks new opportunities to strengthen and leverage the GBS/Divisional operating model.
- Understands the business’ goals, opportunities and challenges, and organizational strategies.
- Explicitly factors the business, enterprise and client perspective into decision-making.
- Participates in the establishment and maintenance of service level agreements between the GBS organization and business units.
- Manages expectations and maintains an understanding of issues that may have an impact on the delivery of GBS services to the business.
- Proactively and continually monitors business satisfaction with GBS and provides follow-up with business leaders based on internal and external feedback.
- Works toward achieving a mutually beneficial, win/win relationship.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the relationship between business activities and their financial and service implications.
- Provides guidance on effective and innovative use of technology to achieve business and enterprise strategic objectives.
- Challenges the status quo by continuously questioning how product and technology service and delivery can be improved.
- Uses critical thinking to identify performance improvement and strategic growth opportunities.
- Proactively collaborates and implements operational, technical and process improvements which can be used by the business units to improve service levels, client acquisition and retention, and increase revenue and operating income.
- Shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business operations.
- Contributes to the formation of GBS’s global strategy.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations, and facilitates and participates in meetings with audiences of varying sizes at Wolters Kluwer and/or client locations, as well as at national and regional user group meetings.
- Participates with sales professionals, client relationship managers and business executives to define solutions that drive client value, improve service efficiency, and increase business revenue and operating income.
- Leverages understanding of Wolters Kluwer’s product and services to demonstrate how they can meet client needs while limiting operational and financial risk to the enterprise.
- Engages in negotiations with client and business legal representation by using business practice knowledge and judgment to articulate company policies and procedures, and how they relate to contract terms.
- Strong leader in an environment where resources are shared and/or resources do not report directly to the BRM.
- Meets regularly with corresponding team members to track successes, changes and areas needing improvement with regards to their developmental or career path or objectives.
- Works with team to identify challenges and continuously evolves processes and procedures to add value, and improve effectiveness, collaboration and service.
Budgeting and Planning.
- Participates in the BRM departmental budgeting and planning process by assisting GBS and finance leadership in determining the level or resources needed and the cost of services delivered to the business units.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Some Master’s Level Coursework or master’s degree a Plus
- Experience: 10-15 years relevant program/portfolio management experience at Wolters Kluwer or external equivalent, including 6-7 years of experience with program/project management in a (matrix) organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Service Orientation: Understands the business perspective and helps resolve a wide range complex issues to integrate the business requirements in GBS processes and solutions, based on the strategic direction of the enterprise.
- Technical Knowledge: Applies and continually expands a wide understanding of information technology (including but not limited to networking, hardware, operating systems, and databases) and how it is used to meet business objectives and address complex situations.
- Collaboration: Partners with the dxg unit senior leaders and associates at all levels with IT, the business and other areas of the enterprise to achieve the business needs and resolve complex issues. Must bring a strong desire to grow relationships, built bridges, inspire stakeholders and identify value.
- Multi-Tasking: Responds and reacts promptly to numerous and varying requests and issues based on criticality. Works under pressure of deadlines and exhibits good time management and organizational skills.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates a thorough understanding of applicable software applications and solutions that are used by the business to provide services to clients.
- Problem Analysis and Resolution: Gathers information necessary to make quick decisions after reviewing available information and alternatives. Anticipates, identifies, eliminates and resolves problems in a timely manner. Sees beyond immediate effects when making decisions.
- Building and Managing Teams: Organizes and gains the involvement of diverse work groups and/or task forces to accomplish specific project goals or address operational issues.
- Working Independently: Displays energy and initiative, and takes ownership for work by setting priorities and utilizing resources. Strives to overcome obstacles before escalating or seeking support.
- Accountability: Provides sound judgment, technical support and direction. Recognizes that errors may cause substantial delays, expense and disruption to key business initiatives including potential loss of clients and revenue.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility by adjusting to a constantly changing work environment. Acts as an agent of change to improve services and implement new solutions.
- Financial Management: Understands and applies financial concepts including but not limited to accounting, budgeting, ROI analysis and negotiation.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required. English (professional level) is mandatory. Additional languages are a plus and may be required based on the role.
Posted 25 Days AgoFull timeR0011409
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Lead Technology Project & Program Manager