Senior Financial Planning Analyst Senior Financial Planning Analyst USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Senior-Financial-Planning-Analyst_R0006567/apply
R0006567 – Senior Financial Planning Analyst – Riverwoods, IL
We're seeking a solid Senior Financial Planning Analyst who has financial insight and ability to analyze, interpret and communicate critical information within all levels of our Research & Learning/Tax and Accounting team. The right person for this role is someone who is self-motivated, energetic, and willing to take on challenges with a positive attitude and vigor.
That you have advanced Excel skills and are quite “systems-savvy” just adds to a great fit. You will be working in close collaboration with cross functional teams serving as key business partner in supporting the business. You should have solid people and communication skills and want to get great corporate exposure to every level. This is an excellent opportunity, which provides valuable experience. We want to add your skills to our Wolters Kluwer, Research and Learning/Tax and Accounting team.
- Actively participate in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities:
- Process necessary journal entries and accrual transactions.
- Analyze financial results and identify the primary drivers of the variances to forecast, plan and prior periods.
- Provide proactive insightful financial analytic business support for the Research & Learning Sales organization:
- Development of annual budget and identifying cost and sales expectations along with supporting strategic and tactical plans.
- Complete analysis of monthly results, including variance explanations.
- Prepare and complete monthly reporting requirements.
- Identify risks and opportunities and bring these to the attention of senior leadership teams in a timely manner and make recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Provide weekly sales and revenue reporting.
- Build queries from data warehouses extracting useful data for ongoing value-added reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting and decision support as requested.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning and reporting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 or more years of financial planning, analysis, budgeting and forecasting experience with business unit and/or corporate experience.
- MBA or similar advanced degree.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Function as an integral part of a team and build positive relationships and credibility
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and work extra hours during peak workload times if necessary.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced and vibrant environment.
- Ability to organize and analyze large volumes of data, perform data reconciliations and summarize for executive review.
- Ability to make timely decisions and draw appropriate conclusions from analysis of the business and financial information available.
- Excellent computer skills required, including a high degree of demonstrated Excel expertise and experience with SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), and planning reporting software such as Hyperion and Infor (GEAC).
- Proactively seeks out ways to add value and efficiencies through continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, under tight deadlines.
- Proven successes in working across cross-functionally and are effective in a matrix organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook RdPosted YesterdayFull timeR0006567
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Senior Financial Planning Analyst