Associate Director, Knowledge Management
Associate Director, Knowledge Management Associate Director, Knowledge Management USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Associate-Director--Knowledge-Management---Taxonomy_R0011866/apply Job Summary
The Associate Director of Knowledge Management will be responsible for owning and executing the LRUS metadata extraction, organization, storage, and publishing strategy. Working closely with product management, dxg, and select offshore vendors, she/he will improve and expand our existing capabilities, systems, and processes to advance LRUS’s digital-first transformation and expert solutions. This individual should have a proven track record of successful implementations of Knowledge Models, Knowledge Graphs, RDF triple-stores, Entity Extraction and Topical Classification software, rules-based and training-set oriented data mining, AI, and other key elements in building a best-in-class Knowledge Management ecosystem. She/he will report to the Vice President of Editorial, Content and Production. This individual will manage a team of up to 5 individuals, including taxonomist and others.
- Own and execute across editorial and production our metadata strategy to advance digital transformation and expert solutions
- Assess existing enrichment tools, capabilities, and processes; recommend improvements and new systems
- Ensures that KM activities align with the vision, mission, and goals of the business
- Implement industry best practices in the development and implementation of our Knowledge Model and taxonomies/dictionaries
- Establish a working model through which SMEs provide needed input into training set development and enrichment rules
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand their metadata/ Knowledge Model needs and requirements to drive digital product functionality
- Collaborate with internal software development teams to harmonize LRUS knowledge management with their knowledge framework and requirements which supports the Global Atlas platform
- Models, coaches and advocates across the organization as it adopts knowledge management standards and processes; promotes KM and the use of common approaches across business units
- Engage with third parties to pilot use of AI and other technologies; develop implementation roadmaps
- Manage and lead a team of up to 5 individuals
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters in Library Science is preferred
- 7 years of work experience with 5 years experience leading Knowledge Management teams engaged in taxonomy creation, metadata enrichment (entity extraction and classification), storage, and publishing; Legal background is a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience working with knowledge models and related artifacts and systems, such as Knowledge Graphs, SKOS, RDF storage and supported outputs
- Experience with several automated enrichment software's and AI. Experience with the Expert Systems suite of tools is a plus
- Strong Project Management skills
- Business Acumen: Clear comprehension of business situation and processes, and can map processes as required; good working knowledge of organizational and business strategy
- Strong management skills (strategic thinking, high open intelligence, strong facilitator and negotiator, agent of change, effective communicator, skillful listener)
- Ability to elicit requirements and anticipate customer needs, at both operational and strategic levels, and ability to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business problems and translate into services or products that fit the business needs
- Ability to define metrics, identify and collate data, and analyze information
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Posted 9 Days AgoFull timeR0011866
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Associate Director, Knowledge Management