The Complex Director seeks to drive profitable multi-office growth across a closely defined geography (i.e., complex) by creating a compelling business plan emphasizing profitable growth through effective management of P&L, implementing sound strategy and growth through advisor and client acquisition, retention, tenure, and productivity. This role will drive revenue and asset growth, effectively segmenting the needs and prioritizing the opportunities of the complex, developing high-performing branch and associate managers, and optimizing resources across the complex, including strong partnerships across the operations team. Responsibilities
- Accountable for own branch and branches within complex. Lead branch and associate managers, advisors, and build strong partnerships with operations staff and other resources that support the complex. Lead from the front by demonstrating effective strategies, demonstrate appropriate leadership competencies and executing the playbook to drive results. Understand skills of branch managers and leverage talents to drive performance. Develop and execute performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Implement national recruiting strategy. Lead branch managers and recruiting partners to execute. Recruit high quality experienced advisors and novice advisors to your branch and complex. Actively generate leads into local area pipeline and manage the end-to-end candidate experience. Understand the Ameriprise value proposition, develop branch's unique value proposition, and articulate each to candidates.
- Execute onboarding and ramp-up plans that drives growth. Drive profitable organic growth of the complex and branch office key metrics through active leadership, coaching, and delivery of the Ameriprise Client Experience. Inspect results regularly and provide regular coaching to branch managers and advisors in your branch on business planning, client acquisition, advice, investment solutions, external practice acquisition, and more. Lead the complex with integrity. Ensure brand standards, client service and client satisfaction are met. Maintain a legal and compliant organization.
- Perform front-line supervision and second level supervision activities to ensure sales activities are appropriately based on client objectives, goals, and risk tolerance. Anticipate, manage, and resolve risk items to ensure the interests of the client. Develop strong local culture, including a culture of peer learning and comradery; achievement orientation; growth and continuous development. Ensure Ameriprise core values are upheld - client focus, integrity always, excellence in all we do, and giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Series 7 or ability to obtain within 150 days.
- Series 24 or 9/10 or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- State securities agent registration (S63 or S66) or ability to obtain within 150 days.
- State IAR registration (S65 or S66) or ability to obtain within 150 days.
- Life, Accident, and Health licenses & Variable Contracts or ability to obtain within 150 days.
About Our Company
- 7-10 years of professional experience.
- Self-driven and achievement oriented.
- Ability to execute a pre-defined playbook to drive results, and lead others to do the same.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence.
- P&L expense management and ability to analyze data and reports to determine business opportunities.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to drive & motivate a large organization to achieve results.
- Knowledgeable and able to develop networks with a wide array of communities' Master's degree and/or relevant industry designations preferred (e.g., CFP).
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.