Associate Finance Manager
- Northbrook, IL, USA Northbrook IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Allstate Insurance
- 15 May 18 2018-05-15
As Allstate's largest finance department, Protection Finance works across multiple areas of expertise to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. Using financial acumen, we recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis, and essential financial projections as we collaborate with leaders across the corporation to make things happen.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As an Associate Financial Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks that may not remain constant throughout the week or month. An excellent Associate Manager should be able to respond to emerging issues in an agile and creative manner. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include the following:
- Coordinate projects, presentations and reporting across the Protection Alternative Segment (Esurance, Encompass, Allstate Business Insurance and Ivantage) to support Segment and Corporate leadership
- Drive special projects as assigned in any of the Protection Alternative Segment businesses
- Prepare executive level presentations on multiple topics under short deadlines
- Lead and direct daily execution of analysis and communication of financial results, development of compelling storylines and review of financial projections for key products, markets and initiatives
- Facilitate achievement of business objectives with guidance from the manager and other leaders; while handling multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities
- Ensure Protection Finance’s credibility and reputation of high quality financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting by providing accurate, timely, and relevant analysis
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as advisor in absence of manager, assisting Business Unit leaders and partners in a consultative manner and actively identifying needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, measurement, business case development, capital management, and internal controls
- Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward-thinking insights (with minimum focus or reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Assist in preparing the strategic and operating plans for the Business Unit and utilize forecast updates to influence management decisions
- Lead multi-discipline project teams as financial advisor
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
- Improve talent through consistent and effective use of the department’s talent management strategy
- Experience as a business consultant in a finance related field to build relationships with clients while offering analysis and recommending corrective actions based on emerging trends
- Effective written presentation and communication skills across multiple levels and mediums
- Ability to drive action across business units and up and down the organization
- High-level knowledge of general corporate finance
- Ability to learn, absorb and communicate new topics quickly
- Demonstrated depth of financial and analytical expertise
- Knowledge of accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage through ambiguity and prioritize multiple projects to meet business partner needs
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.