Senior Service Representative
Senior Service Representative Naperville, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Naperville-IL-USA/Senior-Service-Representative_R200017526-1/apply
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Finance & Accounting
Consolidates, analyzes, and reports on the financial performance of the business / group to support the month-, quarter-, and year-end closing process, including financial reporting and financial governance. Supports an efficient and effective accounting function that uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, and increases service level performance.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Analyzes financial results to support financial period closing and reporting processes and provide insights and recommendations.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for assigned legal entity, business, or group financial information packages.
- Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and financial statements, including applicable tax payments and reconciliations, in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal (e.g. corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Reviews supporting documentation, escalating areas of concern and making any necessary amendments.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops knowledge related to business / group accounting requirements and standards.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a focus on execution.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR200017526 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.