Quality Assurance Analyst
We are part of the healthcare organization of Cognizant and our primary focus is product based development. We have a huge client base using our products and we deliver quarterly using agile methodologies. Our QA engineers actively contribute to the entire software development life cycle and are not limited to testing aspect only. Quality assurance analysts/engineers will be expected to gain significant knowledge in their product areas, design test cases effectively to find defects immediately, and assist in the automation of those test cases. We are very focused on test automation and have advanced internal test automation tools. We are in the process of implementing DevOps and cloud initiatives, this is a great time to join our team and be part of all these exciting initiatives! Education:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree.
- 0-2 years of experience in software quality assurance in both manual testing and automated test development
- Career experience of testing customer facing web applications
- Experience in agile testing practices including estimation, requirement analysis, and delivery life cycles
- History of quickly learning and adapting to new technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of an Objected Oriented language such as Java, C#, or Python
- Experience in relational database platforms like SQL Server or Oracle
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Natural curiosity, creativity, and attention to detail
Preferred Technical Competencies:
- Experience in creating, executing, and debugging automated tests using Selenium or a similar framework
- Experience in deployments and management of Java application servers (WAS/Tomcat/TomEE) is a plus
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP service testing using tools like Postman or SoapUI
Technical Skills SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Selenium PL1 Required
* Proficiency Legends Proficiency Level Generic Reference
PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels. PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 19 2019
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.