Mortgage Closing Specialist Naperville, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Naperville-IL-USA/Mortgage-Closing-Specialist_R200007370/apply
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Executes critical mortgage processes to achieve business results and deliver the intended customer experience. Operational processes may include closing mortgages, reviewing mortgage documentation and other activities. All activities are completed in compliance with BMO and regulatory requirements. Collaborates with stakeholders to promote efficient and effective processes and work flow.
- Works with the title company, borrower and all other pertinent parties to coordinate the logistics of the closing.
- Distributes the closing document package and ensures all transactions are properly documented and authorized in accordance with standards.
- Manages and reviews assigned pipeline on a daily basis and escalates any concerns.
- Provides customer service to the borrower during the closing process.
- Reviews loan payoff figures and verifies as accurate.
- Performs a thorough review of denied applications for completion and accuracy. Ensures communication of rationale to customer is accurate and understandable.
- Cancels loans in system, ensures system reflects correct disposition codes and Statement of Credit Denial is correct
- Communicates title fee/pricing quotes and troubleshoots potential documentation issues with Mortgage Loan Originator. When applicable, updates loan origination system with the appropriate codes.
- Reviews all Early Disclosures for accuracy and completeness including the Good Faith Estimate (GFE) as prepared by the Mortgage Loan Originator for all purchase and specific refinance first mortgage loan applications.
- Provides revised disclosures to Mortgage Loan Originator for presentation to applicant.
- Provides accurate and timely processing of mortgage processes in accordance with established policies, processes and procedures.
- Provides accurate, consistent, knowledgeable responses to stakeholder questions and requests.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute transactions, activities, processes and ensures all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are met.
- Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in accordance with standard procedures. Escalates issues, where necessary, as per guidelines.
- Performs administrative tasks such as distributing/collecting/filing/etc. documentation and information.
- Manages documentation to ensure that records are maintained in a proper manner.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations to ensure appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology Good.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business units key products and services, processes and controls Good.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business Good.
- Prioritization skills Good.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Good.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skillls - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 9 Days AgoFull timeR200007370 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal?, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns?*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.