Assistant Financial Controller - Sub-Contractor - Chicago, IL
- USD120000.00 - USD150000.00 per year
- Lombard, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Oct 18
Market leading and highly reputable sub-contractor seeks Finance Manager/ Assistant Financial Controller to join their finance team. The successful candidate will likely replace the Financial Controller over the long term.
My client is a market leading and highly reputable sub-contractor based in Chicago. The are recognized as "Best-in-class" within their field, and work on projects of the highest profile. They currently work with the mid-West's most reputable General Contractors. Their trade focuses on various types of construction projects from high-end multi-family developments to some of Chicago's most iconic high rises. They are based in the Western Suburbs of Chicago.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, the Assistant Financial Controller/ Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the accounting for a highly successful sub-contractor operating in the construction industry. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assistant in month/ quarter and year end financial reporting
- Running the union payroll,
- Working with the team to ensure adherence to various tax compliance requirements e.g. sales and use tax
- Managing purchase orders etc.
- Assisting the controller in liaising with the external auditors.
- Working with wider business functions (HR, Legal, IT etc) to ensure smooth business operations
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data for various ad hoc reports.
For consideration within 48 hours of submission, please submit your resume today using the link provided.
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA (ideal but not essential)
- 8+ years of accounting experience within either a sub-contractor environment, or a self-performing general contractor. i.e. need to have familiarity with areas such as Union Payroll, Sales and Use Tax, managing Purchase Orders etc.
- Ability to work in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL.
- $ 120,000 to $ 150,000 base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Generous benefits package
- Opportunity to progress to Financial Controller over the longer term
- Western Suburbs of Chicago.