Data Scientist - Junior Level (1 - 5 years experience)
- $80K + $45K target bonus
- Itasca, IL, USA Itasca IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Advantage XPO
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
Our client manufactures and sells factory automation and R&D equipment to increase efficiency, support product development, and improve quality control for their customers. With 70% of their products being world/industry first and strong direct-sales approach, their operating profit margin is 53% leading to the 6th highest position in terms of market cap. With an existing strong salesforce and customer/product base, they are in a great position to approach future potential markets such as manufacturing IOT and robotics. They are looking for a strong Data Scientist to help establish future business in those areas.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist who has both high technical knowledge and business experience using data science to improve business operations, with a focus on establishing new business. The scope of the job includes technical support to integrate data driven solutions to customers, improved training programs, marketing resource creation, and providing insight to the business.
The second scope of this role would be to help shape the future Data Science department from both a training and hiring perspective.
Principal Duties and Tasks
- Support sales teams by providing data driven solutions to customers
- Improve the technical training program by providing statistical, data-driven input to trainers
- Collaborate with the marketing department to create marketing resources such as brochures, websites, and other marketing material.
- Support business research for all business operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be capable of establishing strong relationship with internal and external customers
- Experience in programming SQL/R/Python/RDB or other statistical software
- 1+ year experience in using statistical language or software to solve business problems in an enterprise
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly understand the customer’s needs
- Deep statistical knowledge
- Deep database knowledge, including querying data, combining data, manipulating data
- Strong IT and peripheral equipment knowledge
- Experience working in a global organization