- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President - Credit Portfolio Officer
Vice President - Credit Portfolio Officer
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18065167
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This position resides in the Citi Risk Management department responsible for Specialty Partners Group within Citi Retail Services. As part of the Citi Retail Services Risk Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting risk analysis activities in support of new account acquisitions. This role will be a key member of the team responsible for development and coordination of Risk Management assessment of acquisition policy and strategy for multiple retail partner programs across varied products. The role requires an individual that has several years of credit risk management experience, strong statistical and analytical skills and technical SAS skills. A successful candidate will be able to deliver rigorous analytically derived viewpoints and objective recommendations driven from detailed understanding of risk and reward dynamics across varied lending products and retail industries.
- Developing framework for portfolio risk assessment including evaluation of credit and financial performance across varied lending products and industry segments
- Understand applicable Citi Global credit policies and applicable industry regulations including Reg B / Z / O and the requisite impact of those governance items to prospective new partners or product initiatives
- Establish and effectively leverage solid cross-functional partnerships and networks with key constituencies both internal and external to Citi
- Utilize SAS in a UNIX environment to perform risk, financial and data analysis including profiling, sampling, forecasting, and new program due diligence
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and / or opportunity
- BA/BS degree in Quantitative Fields such as Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Business Finance, or Mathematics (Master's degree preferred)
- 3-5+ years experience in credit card risk management or equivalent training and experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in environments with high levels of uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Strong communications/presentation skills, capable of interacting effectively with multiple levels
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Extensive knowledge of SAS or SQL programming and literacy with MS Office software required