- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Risk Policy Senior Manager
Risk Policy Senior Manager
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18050502
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This position resides in the Citi Retail Services Collections Risk Management department responsible for the $45B Retail Services Credit Card Portfolio. As part of the Citi Retail Services Risk Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping manage Collections Operations Oversight and daily interaction with the Collections policy and collections operations teams. The role is accountable for supporting cooperative deployment of strategies designed to meet portfolio Risk Appetite goals and the execution of routines to monitor a full spectrum of processes. The individual will work closely with the Collections Operations team, Collections Policy team and Retail Services Risk Management leaders to ensure alignment between strategy and operations areas.
- Help establish a robust process to routinely review the Operations effectiveness including a review of volumes, productivity, intensities, staffing levels, etc. for the vendors utilized by Recovery (Agency, Attorney, Debt Buyers)
- Help Develop and review Capacity Plan forecasts in cooperation with operations team operating units for the future six months, ensuring that the capacity plan is on a quarterly basis, and reviewed by the Senior Country/Business Collections Manager and Senior Country/Business Risk Manager (SC/BRM)
- Help ensure that the work queues serviced by Vendors are processed according to the strategy and capacity plan
- Help Prepare and maintain a documented change control process that is approved by the Senior Country/Business Collections Manager
- Help ensure that the effectiveness of Strategy Execution in Recovery is reviewed on a regular basis and all post implementation tests are accurate and reviewed by the senior managers
- Help develop an oversight process to ensure that all adequate trainings are provided to collectors in a timely manner
- Help develop an oversight process to ensure that the trainings and alerts are updated in conjunction with strategy changes
- Help with tracking and reporting of all initiatives and reporting performance results, emerging trends and opportunities to senior management on a timely basis
- BA/BS degree in Quantitative Fields such as Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Business Finance, or Mathematics (Master's degree preferred) • Minimum 2+ years' experience in Recovery collections, consisting of agency collections, legal process, and asset sales
•Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
•Strong communications/presentation skills, capable of interacting effectively with multiple levels
•Experience with SQL programming in a UNIX environment.
•Experience with segmentation / decision tree..
•Establish solid cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and execute cross-functional and business initiatives.
•The successful candidate will have demonstrable analytic and project management skills.