- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Risk Policy Senior Analyst
Risk Policy Senior Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19008907
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This position is within the Collections Risk Policy team that is part of Retail Services Risk Management team. The Collections and Recovery Risk team's mission is to help customers bring their accounts current or fairly resolve their debt. The Collections Policy team owns policy and strategy, and partners closely with the Operations and Technology teams on implementation and execution. The candidate will support Collections Strategy and Analytics for Contact Strategy development across all of the Retail Services Cards portfolios. The candidate must be a strong analytical thought leader with excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Help manage the US Cards Collections policy, ensuring compliance to Citi Global Risk policies and Legal Regulations
• Evaluate existing and identify new contact strategies related to automated dialing, letters and digital channels like text, email and chat to improve collections effectiveness and efficiency.
• Hypothesis development, analysis, test design, test vs control analysis, development of recommendation and oversight of implementation and execution are key focus areas.
• Use sophisticated analytical techniques to analyze and develop customer risk strategies and segmentation schemes, profiling of segments as well as reporting and tracking (MIS) of performance.
• Represent risk management through the development life cycle of a new strategy or policy.
• Build robust inventory of internal and external data sources to enhance policy development and advanced analytical capabilities in the Collections space.
• Make significant contributions in the development of analytical tools used in the assessment of collections risk and policy.
• Close collaboration with operational and technology support teams will be critical for job success.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, and Statistics. Preferred: Master's degree in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Statistics
- Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience within Credit Cards or in a role that uses quantitative analysis and risk context is preferred (Level of education can offset this qualification).
- Skills: Strong analytical skills in conducting sophisticated analysis using customer performance data, bureau data, and marketing data to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and communicate analysis to peers and senior management.
- Excellent programming skills in advanced SAS and SQL
- Experience in advanced analytics utilizing Python / R in a Big Data environment preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel/pivot tables and PowerPoint.
- Other: Strong sense of accountability and ownership and a strong work ethic culture
- Strong interpersonal skills, thought leadership and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Establish solid cross - functional partnerships and networks to contribute and execute cross - functional and business initiatives
- Exposure to project/process management