- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Product Services Tech Lead
Product Services Tech Lead
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18046400
GCT NAM Citi Retail Services (CRS) Technology
Business Analysis Group Mgr
Title: CRS Product Services Tech Leader
Primary Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Secondary Location: Irving, TX
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Overview of the Role
This role will be responsible for leading the Cards Product Services team for Citi Retail Services (CRS) Technology within the NAM Technology Organization. The role will report to the GCT Retail Services Technology Head.
The role is accountable for delivering Strategic Transformation Initiatives for the Cards Product Services credit processing for Citi Retail Services. Strong leadership responsible for ensuring responsiveness to business needs and driving disruptive thought leadership and new approaches to accelerate business/Retailer priorities that are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget. Responsible for orchestrating a consistent transformation across business, technology, operations, vendors (First Data/INFOR/IBM) and over 30 Retail Partners.
This leader will oversee the lifecycle of our third party vendors (First Data/INFOR/IBM) technology and monitoring to ensure system stability of third party platforms and services. From conceptualization thru requirements, design, testing, change management, implementation and production validation of software enhancements. This leader will be working across business, technology, operations and Retail Partners setting the overall strategy and approach for Transacting processes of Private Label and Co-Branded credit card members to drive customer engagement and increase sales for our Retail Partners. They are accountable to support business plans and goals, and provide both strategy and tactical activities to transform and enhance the technology applications and infrastructure.
As a Business Activity Owner (BAO) for multiple supplier relationships, this role is ultimately accountable for Citi activities and business processes performed by third party vendors (FD/INFOR/IBM). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that the activity is performed by third parties in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and in a manner consistent with Citi policies and standards. BAOs need to understand the associated risks and to ensure that appropriate mitigating controls are established. Accountability for third party oversight of the First Data relationship includes management of the Contract, Budget, Maintaining Product Control File (PCF) Parameters, Development, Change Management, Incident Management, COB and other Compliance activities. This role is accountable for vendor budgets (~$80MM), reviewing monthly expenses and bringing forward financial risks and opportunities with third parties. This leader will drive discussions with Vendors (First Data/INFOR/IBM) Executive Management on complex technology issues, strategies, and contractual negotiations.
In addition, this leader will build relationships with key leaders and stakeholders including GCT Risk Control, CBORC, NAM Business Management, NAM External Supplier Governance Forum, GCT Third Party Risk Management (TPRM), ESC Sourcing and Third Party Utility (TPU) to demonstrate oversight of third party activities being performed consistent with Citi policies and standards. The leader will also build relationships with key leaders and stakeholders including the CRS CEO and SLT, General Managers of Partnership teams, CRS Chief Operating Officer, Technology Function Heads, and Retailer Executive teams with thought leadership to develop strategies, lead day-to-day engagements and address complex issues with our vendors, and execute programs with strong governance and financial discipline that drive value, increase customer engagement and drive sales within the retail space.
The ideal candidate will be a senior-level technology professional and be a visionary leader who will drive priorities with Third Party Vendors while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout Citi Retail Services in support of our Retail Partners. The candidate must be able to solve complex problems and work through roadblocks. Big delivery experience as well as technical and functional expertise in a Financial Services environment with a willingness to 'roll-up sleeves' are a must. Being able to partner with the business and retailer to create effective solutions for strategic initiatives with innovation and Forward Compatibility are essential.
Objectives of the Role
- Act as an end to end solution provider over Cards Product Services, servicing using multiple channels such as Mobile, Internet, and Retailer Point-of-Sale
- Ensure delivery of required product capabilities on schedule with quality, leveraging Citi delivery methodology
- Ensuring activity is performed by third parties in a safe and sound manner and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and in a manner consistent with Citi policies and standards
- Manage vendor budgets (~$80MM), reviewing monthly expenses and bringing forward financial risks and opportunities with third parties
- Accountable for the IT contract negations with third party vendors (First Data/INFOR/IBM)
- Drive process standardization with consistent measures of progress, quality, benefits across all teams to continue our drive towards a client centric organization creating product model principles
- Define and mobilize proper governance to evaluate, approve, prioritize and track transformational initiatives
- Ensure rigor in planning with regards and not limited to resourcing, testing, budget, critical path identification and risks
- Improve timeliness in decision making across teams and escalate potential roadblocks, including developing a forward looking view of critical interdependencies and critical risks, identifying mitigation actions and identifying issues to escalate for Senior Management decision making
- Drive disciplines in the area of Financials, SDLC and Program Management in order to have repeatable, high quality and on-time delivery.
- Coordinate solutions across retailer and internal/external product teams - ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements
- Lead a team of senior technologist to work on the development technical strategies with retail partners and integrating those strategies into the overall Global Consumer strategies that innovative and Forward Compatibility to drive customer engagement and drive retail sales.
- Oversee overall production assurance and contractual service level adherence of vendor contracts to continually improve system availability. Work and lead initiatives across the enterprise to improve system availability.
- Support cardholder innovation in areas of; Purchasing, Payments, Authorizations, Returns, Settlement, CLI's, Statements, Letters, Balcon and Core Processing.
- Working with partners in the implementation of various digital wallet solutions and execution of card less customer engagement with our retailers.
- Improve interaction model and provide greater clarity and accountability between business, retailers, and project teams.
- Focus on culture, communication and alignment across all Global Consumer Technology teams.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Information Security and Compliance
- Capable of eliciting user requirements/stories and understand impacts against book of work as well as other programs in flight and put necessary mitigation steps
- Develop innovative solutions focused on improving customer experience, reducing cost and accelerating time to market while being fully compliant with risk, compliance and regulatory policies of NAM and Citi globally
- Execution/Delivery experience of large transformation programs
- Support our Talent Management and Mobility strategy
- Lead discussions with Vendors and Retailers Executive Management on complex technology issues, strategies, and contractual alignment.
- Ability to lead, influence, and interact seamlessly across the Citi Enterprise, with Sr. Leadership and executive level management of Vendors (First Data/INFOR/IBM) our Retail Partners across the spectrum of contract negotiation, strategy, innovative thinking, program delivery, and production assurance.
- Provide senior leadership and advice/counsel on large-scale strategic initiatives and act as the representative on senior executive working groups
- Engage in innovative problem solving activities, requiring conceptual thinking as they will be responsible for creating 'out of the box' solutions with prototypes and pilots. Certain proposals will involve extensive involvement in all phases - cost & benefit analysis of in-house vs outsourcing, timeline, expenses associated to initial outlay, cost of customization and cost to run and speed to market.
- Develop and implement best-in-class processes, metrics, and practices
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships across all levels of business, technology, operations and retail partners.
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset to attract, develop and advocate a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
- Drive successful performance management, talent management and communications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple work streams
- Identify and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Exercise control over budget, policy formulation and planning and significant contribution to future strategy
- 10+ years of progressive senior technology leadership experience in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on Finance Service & Credit Card Processing.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field.
- Advanced level experience in a Business Analysis role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management
- Experience in vendor management for a Tier 1 supplier
- Experience leading large-scale transformation Programs at multinational financial institutions, driving Governance and Delivery Excellence processes
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Delivery of high-quality strategic large-scale projects/releases
- Rounded knowledge of all aspects of the technology stack in a large scale, complex organization is critical. Experience and knowledge in both distributed and mainframe systems are preferred
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to take an organization from a perspective of legacy technology to a position of industry leading technology innovation
- Possess a track record of transforming a business through strong execution and delivery
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, roadmap
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within Global Consumer Technology. Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles
- Flexibility with travel
- Great at mentoring, coaching as well as being a diversity champion
- Dynamic, engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills - must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success
- Exceptional influencing skills with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization