- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Credit & Portfolio Risk Analyst
Credit & Portfolio Risk Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18062032
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards will explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Citi Retail Services, a business unit within the Citi Cards division of Citigroup Inc., is seeking an experienced risk analyst for its retail risk policy team. This individual is accountable for the ECM risk policy for a diverse range of partners within the Citi Retail Services business based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement ECM policy for both new business opportunities and existing partner programs that align with business goals and risk appetite. Tracking and reporting of all initiatives and reporting performance results, emerging trends and business opportunities to senior management
- Ensure all initiatives comply with the policies, regulations, and strategic direction set by senior management, and participate in various control, audit and compliance initiatives as required
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a large, sophisticated credit granting or risk management organization within a major consumer card, financial services, retailing or consulting business. A strong analytical orientation, and an appreciation for broad-based risk issues and a familiarity with operations are desired. A demonstrated record of performance is critical. In addition, the successful candidate will possess and be able to exhibit the following skills and requirements:
- 3+ years working experience with credit policy analytics and development, preferably on a card portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline or business. Masters preferred.
- The ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- SAS programming (PC SAS, SAS EG, UNIX SAS) and Computer literacy with MS Office software required
- Data mining experience using Knowledge Studio or similar software preferable
- The candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills, have strong multi-tasking ability and an ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Excellent overall business judgment and strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills