- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
C12 - Credit Portfolio Sr Analyst
C12 - Credit Portfolio Sr Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029234
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Interface with internal & external partners in implementing complex business strategies and design data driven batch or real-time technical solutions.
- Design, develop, implement and support high quality Decision Support projects. This includes but is not limited to understanding and documenting detailed technical design specifications, data analysis and supporting projects on internal and external data processing environments.
- Apply sound data management concepts, advanced technical skills and understanding of business processes for building robust solutions that maximize business benefit.
- Develop utilities that will help business analysts to understand requirements as business rules and model them for consumption in a Rule Engine.
- Monitor existing processes and platforms on-going basis look at introducing efficiencies.
- Identify and communicate key project risks, define mitigation strategies and manage to resolution
- Track and maintain change request documentation to ensure that all requirements are traceable
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Interact, communicate effectively and build strong working relationship on an ongoing basis with business and IT partners.
Business and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years business experience desired; 1+ in related field (Technical architecture, design, development and support of Business Process Management products and Enterprise Business Rules Engines like Drools, ODM, Pega or FICO Blaze).
- Demonstrated aptitude for tackling technology questions through the analysis and manipulation of large databases with the understanding of dependencies between decision engines, source data, business processes, and lending products.
- Extensive experience with Java/J2EE applications (Spring Framework, Hibernate, and Databases & SQL) and web services (XML, REST, WSDL and SOAP) in the design and development of projects in underlying Unix/Linux environments .
- Experience with industry standard software development tools such as Eclipse, Jira, SVN and Maven
- Understanding of micro-services architecture and hybrid cloud deployment paradigm for Big Data use cases is highly desired.
- Credit card industry experience especially in development and support of a decision engine and large data warehouse environment is desirable.
- Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skills
- Good knowledge of data, data structures and data manipulation
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Ability to think strategically and apply data & analysis to business needs/solutions
- Able to work well across multiple functional areas both onsite and offshore
- Proven ability to communicate business rationale to internal and external counterparts
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, matrixed business environment