Product Manager - ETF Equity
- Not Specified
- Downers Grove, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jul 18
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
The Americas Product Management Department is a results-oriented team operating at the core of Invesco’s investments business, focused on delivering a superior investment experience to our clients.
A Product Manager brings value to the firm and our clients in 3 critical ways:
(i) Providing ‘black belt’ expertise in products, investments and industry knowledge to colleagues and our clients
(ii) Building strong relationships with and providing exceptional service quality to internal departments and colleagues, including ETF Strategists, Sales teams, Product Development, and Marketing
(iii) Being a passionate advocate for the success of our products in the market
Product Managers play an essential role in providing product support, communications, and investable ideas to our Sales teams and clients in the US and Canadian marketplaces. But beyond offering product support, our product managers bring a business owner’s mindset to the products they cover, with the goal of helping every product be as successful as possible for our clients and for Invesco. The result is a multi-faceted, dynamic, and challenging role that demands exceptional skills and creativity in communications, relationship building, and analytics, as well as being a passionate student of our industry, products, competition, and the capital markets.
Are you energized by working in a fast paced, semi-structured environment, where just about every day is different from the last?
Do you love being a specialist with a passion for sharing your knowledge and expertise?
Do you enjoy thinking creatively?
To build a network of great relationships?
Are you motivated by challenging the status quo and thinking of new ways to do things?
If this all gets you excited, then you’ll be well suited to being a Product Manager at Invesco. But before you submit your application, you should know the following:
- Excellence is par at Invesco. We are serious about providing a good work-life balance and flexibility, but the environment is demanding and you will be challenged.
- We want highly engaged, confident individuals who are passionately curious and continually striving to improve themselves, their work, and their environment.
- You may be a fantastic analyst, but you need great written and verbal communications skills and a strong attention to detail to be truly effective.
- And you must love working collaboratively with other people, thrive in a team environment, and enjoy building enduring relationships.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- The Product Manager will be responsible for coverage of a group of Invesco’s innovative suite of Equity ETF products.
Products & Investments Expertise:
- Be an internal expert on your ETFs and asset classes - maintain an in-depth understanding of all product components – Index composition and methodology, Marketing, Legal, Accounting, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Ensure accurate and consistent positioning of Invesco’s ETF products
- Use attribution and risk analysis to understand the drivers of performance and portfolio positioning. Be able to clearly articulate what the current market environment means for your products
- Know the competitive landscape/peer group; stay current on market trends and competitive developments. Be able to clearly articulate what differentiates our products from the competition
- Provide regular communications, analysis and insights to our Sales team for use with clients
- Responsible for developing and maintaining product presentations, and content for product-related marketing material
- Responsible for client and regulatory commentary content
Relationships & Service Quality:
- Partner closely with ETF Strategists (ETF field specialists) to support our sales efforts
- Assist Sales with custom proposals for significant business opportunities and participate in advisor calls/meetings as needed
- Keep current on economic financial markets developments and use attribution analysis to understand the funds’ positioning and performance in the context of the market and economic environment
- Improve competitive positioning and market penetration of ETF products
- Recommend actions needed to maintain and improve our competitive fund positioning
- Communicate relevant/insightful product information and updates to Sales, Marketing and Client Relations
- Perform comparative analysis between ETFs and their competitors and communicate this information to Sales
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in the financial services industry, with at least two years of product management, investments, marketing or sales experience
- Will consider candidates with more experience at the Senior Product Manager level or candidates with less experience at the Associate Product Manager level
- ETF experience is strongly preferred
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Strong PC skills (proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, and Morningstar software products is preferred)
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and processes
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
- Interest in the CFA program or in the pursuit of an MBA is preferred
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Series 7 and 65 required within 6 months of employment
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.