Property Tax Analyst
Property Tax Analyst
Oak Brook, IL, USA
Accounting & Finance
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Director of Property Tax. The Property Tax Analyst is responsible for management of all aspects of portfolio commercial real estate property assessment and tax practice; manages assigned properties leading in-house and outsourced appeals to outside consultants and attorneys to ensure compliance with real property ad valorem filings, audits, and tax planning to minimize property assessments.
- Demonstrates highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to company’s policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
- Interact with clients and supervising attorney/consultant to being fact gathering process
- Obtain property assessment and financial data to conduct independent analysis
- Analyze proposed assessments and apply experience, knowledge and judgement to formulate/review appeal recommendations, using the three methods of property valuation (cost, income, and comparative sales) for real and personal property tax
- Works with consultant, attorney and State taxing authorities to achieve maximum tax savings
- Maintain property tax reduction calendar status and deadlines. Review, update and submit periodic status reports including tax savings report to clients and/or for client meetings
- Assist in annual budget/projections preparation and review
- Maintain knowledge of state and local tax laws, regulations, and court decisions
- Assist in documenting procedures and look for process improvements
- Support internal team by providing subject matter expertise and informal training to the team
- Prepare client billing and consultant fee invoicing
- Reduction refund submission and tracking
- Schedule and Present at Quarterly Client Meetings
- Prepare and finalize contingent fee agreements, authorizations/affidavits
- Set up new properties, monitor appeals deadlines
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics real estate or related field of study
- This position requires at least 3-5 years of prior professional work experience in property tax experience with a broad exposure to real and personal property tax required.
- Proficient in financial modeling
- Ability to interpret financial statements
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook are required for this position.
- Keyboarding skills are required for this position, at least 35 WPM.
- Intermediate knowledge of JD Edwards, iManage, OneSource, and Yardi are preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following to learn more.