Investment Product Analyst
Oak Brook, IL, USA
Accounting & Finance
The Investment Product Analyst, Capital Markets is a results-driven member of the Capital Markets team who liaises with the Structuring and Finance teams to deliver outstanding financial analysis and Real Estate due diligence service for investments offered in the marketplace. Within the organization this individual is involved in reviewing potential acquisitions for our various private placement programs, which include a variety of asset classes such as office, industrial, senior housing, student housing, self-storage and multifamily property investments spanning varied geographic regions. This position is well-suited for a determined individual who would learn commercial real estate in a fast-paced environment.
The Investment Product Analyst will play an essential role within the Capital Markets team by providing support to the Associate Product Analyst and SVP of Investment Product Strategy. These activities encompass the complete enterprise of raising capital and working with external stakeholders. The successful incumbent will possess (1) a formal education in Real Estate, Economics or Finance, (2) possess excellent communication and business-writing skills, (3) the ability to quickly understand concepts under self-direction, and (4) have a positive, results-driven approach to solving problems. Candidates with experience in leadership positions, commercial brokerage, financial research, and investment banking are appreciated. Recent undergraduate and graduates are also considered.
- Write Research Report Summaries on defined real estate acquisitions being offered to the marketplace. Support in the creation of accompanying marketing materials and pitch decks.
- Support the Capital Markets team in drafting correspondence to due diligence questionnaires and questions from the marketplace which will require the ability to understand contracts and agreements.
- Possess detail-oriented review skills to proofread research reports completed on behalf of clients on real estate private placements. Over time the successful incumbent will develop a skillset to work with outside attorneys who draft opinions on the company’s properties.
- Examine and interpret complex numerical information and possess the ability to precisely communicate this information, both verbally and written.
- Assist in the development of in-house sales training materials to support the sales teams which directly solicit investments to stakeholders and the greater marketplace. Develop and foster an education on various asset classes which the company participates in, assist in the creation of white-papers to be widely distributed for educational purposes.
- Audit and maintain an existing database of marketplace information, inputting data regularly and providing the greater-company expert information on trends in the marketplace.
- Provide administrative support to the Capital Markets team by analyzing penetration in the marketplace, and the status of key partners participation in respective investment offerings.
- Liaison with the Structuring and Financing team to develop due diligence deliverables for the based-on marketplace demands.
- Complete in-depth analysis on tenants which occupy Medical Office and Net Lease properties. Prepare sales-training materials and communication strategies for external stakeholders.
- Develop and foster education on tax-deferred real estate transactions, specifically Qualified Opportunity Zones, Section 1031 Exchanges and Section 1033 Exchanges.
- Review potential acquisitions of commercial properties and other real estate related investments.
- Prepare Sales Reporting for external stakeholders, as necessary.
- Understand the due diligence process for transactions, including site visits and review of leases, appraisals, environmental reports, property condition reports, and title documents
- Plays a major role in the education of our offerings to the Private Capital Consultant team, National Accounts team, Internal and External Sales team.
- Review and become familiar with offering memorandum for the private placement programs
- Provides technical sales support to the Inland sales team
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Real Estate Finance from a four-year college or university or equivalent professional knowledge and/or work experience. Degree in Economics, Finance, or similar area of study also acceptable. FINRA Series 7 or 22 license a plus.
- This position accepts newly graduated candidates, and candidates with up-to 5 years of prior professional experience
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook are required for this position
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Keyboarding skills are required for this position
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following to learn more.