Director of Institutional Engagement
Oak Brook, IL, USA
Inland Securities Corporation offers a wide range of commercial real estate investment solutions through multiple investment programs. We are dedicated to delivering creative, well-structured and differentiated products, delivering outstanding performance to our investors, and epitomizing the highest ethical standards in every aspect of our business.
The role is meant to help promote investment programs offered by Inland Securities Corporation through a broad distribution channel that consists of registered investment advisors (RIAs) and other financial intermediaries working in an advisory capacity. We anticipate that the incumbent will possess in-depth investment and market knowledge, product presentation skills, analytical abilities and advanced selling skills.
· Actively increase assets under management by motivating RIA/IARs to use firm’s investment strategies.
- Develop a business plan for RIAs. The plan will include specific objectives, action plans, and timelines. An outline of how the focus firm’s go to market process works along with the appropriate contacts should be part of the plan.
- Regularly meet with RIA contacts and develop new relationships
- Build a strong personal relationship with focus RIAs contacts
- Develop strong knowledge of the RIA distribution market including Custodians and Third-party platforms.
- Partner, effectively communicate and strategize with Wholesale Team and National Accounts in client efforts.
- Develop strong product knowledge for all investment strategies and fee structures.
- Perform a variety of sales functions including client meetings, client follow-up, proposal generation, presentations, public speaking, and attending seminars and industry events.
- Develop a clear understanding of RIAs strategic objectives.
- Client-focused with a dedication to exceeding client expectations.
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing in order to drive sales efforts.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in a strategic relationship management and business development role.
- Proven success in establishing deeper and stronger client relationships.
- Extensive industry contacts.
- In-depth product knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Passionate, energetic, driven and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis for product presentations, road shows, lead follow-up and conference attendance
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 to 10+ year’s industry experience
- Series 7 (required) and 65.
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening is performed on all new hires, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the followingto learn more.