Oak Brook, IL, USA
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Directly reports to Senior Vice President and supporting Vice President of Operations for Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an active calendar of appointments; mail, scanning, faxing and copying; completing and administering expense related documents; composing and preparing correspondence/documents that are sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling necessary documents for meetings.
- Answer calls professionally, provide accurate responses and/or redirect when necessary.
- Create and edit presentations, documents and reports as required.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Perform data entry.
- Maintain, update and distribute Daily Sales Sheet.
- Create and update investment/maintenance forms in InDesign.
- Assist in resolving any administrative problems i.e. help desk tickets, UniFlow.
- Record minutes at various meetings.
- Complete special projects assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an administrative or executive assistant role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with various departments and external customers.
- The ability to manage and execute multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Have a strong sense of urgency and problem solving.
- Demonstrate ability to shift gears on projects comfortably and effectively.
- Demonstrate advanced proofing and editing skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy.
- High level of discretion in dealing with confidential materials.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Some college.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following to learn more.