The Account Manager is responsible for coordinating custody administration for Wealth Management clients. Identifies client needs and handles client inquiry resolution. Coordinates set-up of account services and monitors client reporting. Serves as main liaison for the client service team; working with key partner areas supporting client requirements. Identifies service efficiencies and process improvements; using creative and proactive measures.
•Coordinates the account administration which may include a focus on asset servicing, trust administration, banking, investment manager or consultant activities.
•Coordinates the daily execution of client requests, communicating progress status with clients, vendors and the internal service team, regularly.
•Works with relationship managers to ensure appropriate and necessary documentation is received and maintained.
•Maintains internal documented procedures for assigned client relationships, including special procedures.
•Works with relationship managers in developing/identifying additional business, preparing for client meetings and coordinating the service team.
•Ensures accurate set up and review of fees.
The Account Manager, Global Family Office:
1. Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to managers/experts
2. May have direct interaction with committees, clients and/or Senior Management
3. Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
4. More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
5. Delivers a work product that requires less revision
6. Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
7. Works effectively as a team member but also independently
8. Works toward becoming proficient in all areas of the job
9. Completes administrative functions/special projects as needed or requested
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2019.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.Additional Information