Vice President of Sales
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? AVP or VP of Sales - Property & Casualty Insurance Job Location US | US-IL-Chicago | US-NJ-Jersey City | US-NY-New York ID 2019-7298 Group Global Client Services Type Regular Full-Time
EXL is a New York-based publicly traded operations management and analytics leader that drives business impact through technology, industry-specific knowledge and a unique delivery model. EXL serves Fortune 1000 companies across the globe in many industries including insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, and transportation and logistics.
Over the past 16 years, EXL has worked as a strategic partner and won awards in its approach on helping its clients solve business challenges such as streamlining business operations, taking products to market faster, improving corporate finance, building models to adapt to new regulations, turning volumes of data into business opportunities, and creating new channels for growth and expansion.
EXL has approximately 29,000 professionals in 40+ global delivery centers throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. The business operates within numerous industry verticals including banking and financial services, healthcare, L&A insurance, P&C insurance, transportation and logistics, travel and leisure, and utilities.
The AVP/Vice President of Sales will be responsible for cultivating EXL’s presence in the market and creating business opportunities with new clients. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring significant experience and has established relationships in the Property & Casualty Insurance (P&C) North American markets. The successful candidate should be motivated by winning financial incentives as well as career growth.
The AVP/Vice President, Sales will:
- Be responsible for the sales cycle; from deal origination to closure (signed contract) to successfully transitioning it to the Account Manager team
- Bring an understanding of the marketplace and competitor offerings to drive EXL’s growth strategy and investments
- Be responsible for New logo sales and account acquisition
- Be responsible for significantly growing EXL presence and revenues in the P&C North America BPO market
- Work closely with Industry Business Heads to target named accounts, new business strategies, and high value / high clients
- Build a predictable pipeline of new business to generate repeatable and profitable revenues across the various Business Units
- Develop and execute a Go-to-Market Strategy to hit revenue targets.
- Execute go-to market plans via targeted campaigns and other sales channels including advisors, influencers, conference attendance, industry events, etc.
- Collaborate and develop 3rd party and advisor relations to build credibility in the geography
- Propose, submit, and handle proposals with full ownership and accountability. Work closely with the sales support teams to ensure high quality of all proposals.
- Bring substantial experience in working with C-Suite executives within the P&C North America domain markets. Typical sales processes include discussions with, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Financial Officers.
- Big-deal experience – proven experience in closing deals with ACV > $5M and TCV > $20M.
- Play a leadership role in “hunting”, signing and developing luminary/marquee client relationships. These contracts are typically large, complex multi-year deals that require a savvy sales executive accustom to longer sales cycles.
- Balance multiple, concurrent deals to achieve challenging growth targets.
- Effectively identify and translate client needs into EXL services. Develop an understanding of customers’ business needs, matching them with EXL’s capabilities, and developing winning proposals for EXL.
- Work effectively across the EXL organization and partner with the appropriate team members to demonstrate the depth and breadth of EXL’s solutions.
- Be a key intermediary between the service delivery team and the customer.
- Astute at identifying and qualifying leads, be able to develop strong relationships at potential client organizations, and have the proven ability to convert these relationships into commercial engagements in situations where little to no previous relationship existed.
- Effectively and proactively manage client’s expectations, build deep client partnerships, and develop an executive presence within the target organization.
- Experience in selling long term complex multimillion dollar products, services or solutions within the P&C North America markets.
- Ability to communicate confidently at the C-level to build meaningful relationships.
- Broad functional knowledge within the P&C North America sector and the ability to connect with a variety of executive level stakeholders on their specific pain-points.
- Strong sales process and operations skills (pipeline management, forecasting, budgeting, etc.)
- Strategically minded and able to create a consultative and solution-minded sales environment.
- A “quick study” and “self-starter” – leads with an impatience for the status quo and a true sense of urgency…a forward thinker constantly focused on shaping the organization to meet and anticipate both near and long-term business issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural global environment.
- Chicago, NY or NJ are preferred but it wouldn't get in the way of the right candidate
Few Key elements for the role:
- Aggressive, high-energy style who is motivated by winning
- Dedicated to achieving business results
- Negotiation within Specific Parameters
- Closes through Logical, Incremental Steps
- Be a thought-leader
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, graduate degree a plus.
- Preferably MBA
- A compensation package and role/title will be dependent on experience.
EEO Statement EEO/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabilities Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS